Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 485 I 130 I 765 - Couples Addresses Question

Hi guys,
    Here is my case and I have a question which I listed below.
    I - Husband - Is a naturalized US Citizen
    Her - Wife - Is in USA on H-1 - works for an Indian software MNC for a client here in USA.

We are gathering paperwork and filling our forms and double checking and triple checking our papers, when we had a worry-some
    thought.

We both stay at different places as of now. I stay in the east coast as I am based out of East coast, while she stays in the west coast as the client she works for is out of west coast. We had no other choice as she had to work for the company to maintain her H1. We are not doing a H1 transfer in order to file for GC as soon as possible.

Will this come up in the process? Will USCIS say, if you both are married, how come you are staying apart? Has anyone had a problem with both husband and wife not staying at the same location?

Thank you for your time.
    Our Case:

I - Husband - Naturalized US Citizen based in East Coast.
    Her - Wife - H1 - Working for an Indian MNC for a USA client based in West Coast.

Married recently in India according to Hindu traditions.

Current Status - Preparing I 130 - I 485 - I 765 and other docs package for AOS for wife.

I am sorry to say USCIS doesn't accept this excuse. If you married how you maintain the relationship miles away each other, when and how you guys get together? USCIS may suspicious the this is not a bonafide marriage.

However you have to maintain one address only. Which can be yours or hers. I am giving you detail explanation and what documents you required to submit/prove your marriage.

Required documents

To show USCIS you are in a bona fide marriage you will want to submit evidence showing your life together, ideally in all phases as it evolved – from dating, to engagement, to marriage, to life after marriage. The focus of the evidence, though, should be on your life together after the marriage.

You must prove that your marriage is bona fide, not a sham just to get a green card. Collect and photocopy as many of the following items as possible. Do not send originals.

wedding invitations, church certificates, or other reliable documents that show the required relationship

joint bank accounts

joint credit card statements

joint club memberships

joint federal and state tax returns

copies of actual credit cards, health insurance cards, or other "joint" cards that you have together, showing same account number

photographs of you and your spouse taken before and during your marriage, wedding photographs preferably those that include parents and other relatives from both families
    If the camera does not insert the date automatically, write the date the picture was taken and a brief description on the back, or underneath, if you are photocopying them.

do not take wedding or other videos, there won't be any time or a space to view them

copies of letters and/or emails between you

phone bills showing your conversations

auto registrations showing joint ownership and/or addresses

rental agreements, leases, or mortgages showing that you have lived together and/or have leased or bought property in both spouses' names

receipts for gifts (such as flowers, jewelry, art, candy etc.) that you have purchased for each other

your mutual child's birth certificate or a doctor's report indicating that you are pregnant

hotel and airline receipts showing trips that you have taken together or to visit each other

letters from friends/family to each or both of you, mailed to an address where you were living together

utility bills in both your names

evidence that one spouse has made the other a beneficiary on his/her life or health insurance or retirement account

car, health, or life insurance that has both of your names on the policy

a car title or other titles to property showing joint ownership

copies of Christmas cards or other holidays cards addressed to you both

other family pictures of you together

Good Luck

Comment

zoom123 Thank you very much for your detailed reply. Extremely helpful.

But it is so weird.... If that is the case why do they have two areas on the forms asking for her address and mine?

I was thinking because it is not abnormal here in the United States for couples to work far away, fly and meet over the weekends?

We had 3 trips in the last one month and hotel reservations and flight tickets etc. We can produce card statements, bank statements etc with both our names. But we don't have utility bills and other items as of now.

No tax returns either - Just got married three months back and haven't yet gotten to file taxes.

Can produce all items related to marriage like invites, photos etc.

Sincerely appreciate the time you took to answer the question. We will include as much as possible.

Thanks.

Originally posted by zoom123 View Post
      I am sorry to say USCIS doesn't accept this excuse. If you married how you maintain the relationship miles away each other, when and how you guys get together? USCIS may suspicious the this is not a bonafide marriage.

However you have to maintain one address only. Which can be yours or hers. I am giving you detail explanation and what documents you required to submit/prove your marriage.

Required documents

To show USCIS you are in a bona fide marriage you will want to submit evidence showing your life together, ideally in all phases as it evolved – from dating, to engagement, to marriage, to life after marriage. The focus of the evidence, though, should be on your life together after the marriage.

You must prove that your marriage is bona fide, not a sham just to get a green card. Collect and photocopy as many of the following items as possible. Do not send originals.

wedding invitations, church certificates, or other reliable documents that show the required relationship

joint bank accounts

joint credit card statements

joint club memberships

joint federal and state tax returns

copies of actual credit cards, health insurance cards, or other "joint" cards that you have together, showing same account number

photographs of you and your spouse taken before and during your marriage, wedding photographs preferably those that include parents and other relatives from both families
      If the camera does not insert the date automatically, write the date the picture was taken and a brief description on the back, or underneath, if you are photocopying them.

do not take wedding or other videos, there won't be any time or a space to view them

copies of letters and/or emails between you

phone bills showing your conversations

auto registrations showing joint ownership and/or addresses

rental agreements, leases, or mortgages showing that you have lived together and/or have leased or bought property in both spouses' names

receipts for gifts (such as flowers, jewelry, art, candy etc.) that you have purchased for each other

your mutual child's birth certificate or a doctor's report indicating that you are pregnant

hotel and airline receipts showing trips that you have taken together or to visit each other

letters from friends/family to each or both of you, mailed to an address where you were living together

utility bills in both your names

evidence that one spouse has made the other a beneficiary on his/her life or health insurance or retirement account

car, health, or life insurance that has both of your names on the policy

a car title or other titles to property showing joint ownership

copies of Christmas cards or other holidays cards addressed to you both

other family pictures of you together

Good Luck
      Our Case:

I - Husband - Naturalized US Citizen based in East Coast.
      Her - Wife - H1 - Working for an Indian MNC for a USA client based in West Coast.

Married recently in India according to Hindu traditions.

Current Status - Preparing I 130 - I 485 - I 765 and other docs package for AOS for wife.

Comment

ur point is right ,but why u dont try to make all ur process more easy and more positive ,dont rush to do this ,zoom 123 is 100% right and i suggest u to read and spend more time on this page that way u can know that this process is not that smooth how every one think before apply,plz dont take me wrong im just trying to help u ....why they gonna or u want them to give u time to explain ur side ........they treat most of the applicant as they donate green card ,there is nothing like rights (sorry to write as per my own experiance)
        thanks
        Thanks.[/QUOTE]

thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X