Green card interview went well, but no decision - file being held for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lexlugga View Post
    USCIS sent my Green card to me, but USPS lost it on transit, I contacted USCIS , they asked me to apply for form i-90, lost of card or renewal. Any one have any idea how long it takes to reproduce card?
    Hey lexlugga.. Do you have some news about your card ?

Comment

Nope! Although I apply for replacement by filing for form i-90, I did my biometric today . hope the finger printing will be fast enough to clear from FBI within a week. Any one ever experienced lost of card that require biometric ? How long does it take to go thru the FBI??!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lexlugga View Post
        Nope! Although I apply for replacement by filing for form i-90, I did my biometric today . hope the finger printing will be fast enough to clear from FBI within a week. Any one ever experienced lost of card that require biometric ? How long does it take to go thru the FBI??!!!!
        Wow ! They cant use the one they had before ? Wonder why.. crazy ! Keep us posted !

Comment

OK I will

Comment

Im in phoenix also! And tomorrow is my interview, but I have a question, my husband wasn't born here, he got his citizenship last year, do we need to bring his birth certificate (mexico) also to the interview?
            Thanks i hope u can help me

Comment

interview at federal plaza yesterday

Hello friends
              I had my interview yesterday my AOS is based on derivative asylee my wife is the principal
              it was very easy it was like just to comfirm the name date of birth mothers/father's name things like that
              and the typical yes/no questions and at end the girl told me all the paperwork is ok medical exam is ok and just gave me a paper where is marked with an x it says your case is being held for file review in order to prepare a decision and that no additional info is necessary at this time
              And at the beginning of the interview she just asked for my passport and driver's license and ss number nothing else
              she didn't ask for work permit or I 94 nothing about she just compared the name on passport and the driver license are the same and gave me back but my lawyer told me everything went smoothly and that I'll receive the gc in 2 or 3 weeks so if you can advise me with any info or experience I'll appreciate good bless you

Comment

Hi There,
                Same thing happened with my husband and I today. Everything went well and the interviewer was very nice. She didn't ask alot of questions or alot of documents. Didn't say we got our card. But handed me a notice to say it was held for review. What is the next step in the process? When should I hear something back

Comment

Originally posted by libby_oleary View Post
                  Hi There,
                  Same thing happened with my husband and I today. Everything went well and the interviewer was very nice. She didn't ask alot of questions or alot of documents. Didn't say we got our card. But handed me a notice to say it was held for review. What is the next step in the process? When should I hear something back
                  Hi, this is common thing on this forum. Sometimes you may get answer within days or even years. Just wait a month or so, if nothing happens make infopass appointment, after it one more, after that you can ask senator or congressman to make inquiry on the case. So, everything is up to officer at the moment and it;s hard to predict the timing. Be patient and wait for results. I hope it will workout for you.
                  My experience, I had smooth interview almost 2 month ago, went to infopass a week ago and still nothing.
                  Good luck to you

Comment

Hi,
                    any updates who is still waiting?
                    For me, still nothing, 3 month after interview and 1 month after infopass there is no any word from INS.

Comment

Originally posted by mika84 View Post
                      Hi, this is common thing on this forum. Sometimes you may get answer within days or even years. Just wait a month or so, if nothing happens make infopass appointment, after it one more, after that you can ask senator or congressman to make inquiry on the case. So, everything is up to officer at the moment and it;s hard to predict the timing. Be patient and wait for results. I hope it will workout for you.
                      My experience, I had smooth interview almost 2 month ago, went to infopass a week ago and still nothing.
                      Good luck to you

Thank you, still waiting So disheartening, and my tracker isn't working either. It has been updated since case received back in Sept

Comment

Hi,
                        For me, still nothing, 3 month after interview and 1 month after infopass there is no any word from INS.

Me too. still waiting since after my interview 2 months and few weeks now. I was given a notice for case review immediately after the interview. Since then, no updates no nothing. I think patience is key. Good luck every one. Atlanta Georgia filer.

Comment

180 days of more wait and sleepless nights! When it's going to end

Hi,
                          Today I went for the 2nd infopass. It's been 4 months since my AOS interview. Spoke to supervisor, the he spoke to the officer who interviewed me. After that supervisor told me that my case is under background check/investigation - no specifics were provided and he told me that my case will be under investigation for at least 6 month until immigration makes a decision.
                          That is awful. I don't know what to do.
                          Any recomendations?

Comment

what is your country of birth?

Comment

Originally posted by TarCas View Post
                              what is your country of birth?
                              Belarus- is it relevant?

Comment

4 months after interview.....no response, no nothing. the waiting moment is bitting hard. Pls how can i obtain an infopass appointment?
                                Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X