Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for Affidavit of Support, I-864

Hi,
    I am preparing my documents to submit to USCIS for adjustment of status as a spouse of a permanent resident, as the priority date becomes current in August. I have some confusion regarding the poverty guidelines for I-864, affidavit of support.

1. Annual income for household size of 2 should be $19,387. Should the gross annual income (income before taxes) or net annual income (income after taxes) be above this threshold?

2. Will annual gross income plus equivalent income from assets (after $5 assets value = $1 income) of $20,000 be on a safer side, as it marginally crosses the threshold? This is my spouse's income, I am unemployed at this moment.

3. Will our joint annual income of $25,000 in 2011 and $40,000 in 2012 be a plus during review of my application?

4. If $20,000 is not good enough, we need to find some sponsor. Which form/s should my spouse file and which form/s should the other sponsor file?

Thank you so much for your time and support.

Sapyns

Originally posted by sapyns View Post
    Hi,
    I am preparing my documents to submit to USCIS for adjustment of status as a spouse of a permanent resident, as the priority date becomes current in August. I have some confusion regarding the poverty guidelines for I-864, affidavit of support.

1. Annual income for household size of 2 should be $19,387. Should the gross annual income (income before taxes) or net annual income (income after taxes) be above this threshold?

2. Will annual gross income plus equivalent income from assets (after $5 assets value = $1 income) of $20,000 be on a safer side, as it marginally crosses the threshold? This is my spouse's income, I am unemployed at this moment.

3. Will our joint annual income of $25,000 in 2011 and $40,000 in 2012 be a plus during review of my application?

4. If $20,000 is not good enough, we need to find some sponsor. Which form/s should my spouse file and which form/s should the other sponsor file?

Thank you so much for your time and support.

Sapyns
    1: the gross annual income, before taxes!
    2: can't hurt, though as long as you're above the 19,387 for 2 people you should be fine
    3: Again it won't hurt, but i'm pretty sure what's most important is the CURRENT annual income, at the time of submission.
    4: A co-sponsor should use the same form I-864, and in Part 1, check the box 1.e - second of two joint sponsors

Comment

Originally posted by lalalalala120388 View Post
      1: the gross annual income, before taxes!
      2: can't hurt, though as long as you're above the 19,387 for 2 people you should be fine
      3: Again it won't hurt, but i'm pretty sure what's most important is the CURRENT annual income, at the time of submission.
      4: A co-sponsor should use the same form I-864, and in Part 1, check the box 1.e - second of two joint sponsors
      Thank you lalalala for your reply. I hope I am in a good shape then.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X