I 485 RFE for Criminal History but have none

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 485 RFE for Criminal History but have none

Hi! I just received an RFE for criminal history. Specifically it asked me to furnish original and certified copy of court disposition for all arrests and under "others", also asked me to provide police record check for the last 5 years to the office and if any arrests as per the former request.

I have no criminal record. Not even a speeding ticket or a traffic violation. Never been to court. Now i realized after searching the internet that we shouldnt have filed my police clearance with my I 485. But I did because I thought that would be evidence to say that i dont have any arrests. But I did checked "no" to all questions in the I 485 form regarding arrests. Now Im worried. Would this result in a denial of petiton because we filed wrong? Or can I remedy this quickly? I dont have any criminal arrests so I dont know what to send to them.

Anyone with the same problem? Pls help me. Your input would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Never mind you guys! Just called their customer service and they told me to justcmake a cover letter explaining that i have never been arrested before. He then told me to contact my local police station to ask for a police record check and so I did. When i talked to someone there, i told her that its for visa purposes and that i have no record with them. She said it was okay and would probably be a good conduct letter from them then. She asked if i wanted it notarized and then told me it should be ready in a week or less. It will cost me 20 bucks but I dont really care hehe I was just so worried about this RFE. The guy from their customer service told me also that its probably because i share a name with someone who has a record and that the RFE is to see if we reply in a timely manner.

So to anyone with questions about their RFEs, i suggest u call their customer service as soon as they start having live calls, so thats at 8am. I called exactly at 8am, and they were both nice! I figured because theyre fresh from sleep and i was among the first ones they talked to. I talked to one guy and he suggested to tansfer me to another guy who can help me out more. And the last one really did. They both did actually. So i was very grateful. It took me 15mins to talk to both guys, inclduing the 3-4mins wait time and i asked them everything to my hearts content. They were also very reassuring. Ill probably send my documents once i have my police check so well see what happens then. Ill keep posting my experience to help others with similar problems! Please try to post something also if you guys have similar expriences!

Good day to all of us!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X