Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i485 interview coming up in 3 days and abused by the petitioner HELP

Hi there,

I'm a newbie in the forum but I really need some help.
    I came to the US with a J1 visa.
    I was a exchange student and when I was to comeback to my country to take my final exams my husband prupose to me so I decided to stay with him and get everything ready.
    Even though everything looked marvelous at the beginning and I thought maybe it was just the stressful situation later it became a circle of abuse. We got married in April, he's militar active duty and yet he gets pay BAH to support us I had to blew my savings andhave my parents sending me money because I won't even have a dollar to get a bus.
    He controls the finances, the car, everything. I lived in an EMPTY apartment for months. weeks even without a bed. and that's what we had until my mom came visit and bought us some furniture, a dinning table, etc. Still that's all we have. A table my mom bought, a bed and his tv. more than half the apartment is empty. and I wouldn't mind if it wasn't the fact that I spend 12h alone at home ''locked up'' (guess I can always walk somewhere) and then he comes from work and blames me for all his stress, situation, etc. He broke several things in arguments that we had for nothing (he has strong mood changes).
    He broke a laptop, his xbox, etc... and I feared that he was going to beat me. even though I think he's too intelligent for that. he has pushed me though, called me naves, abused me emotionally and verbally, talked about getting me a ticket home several times, I am not allowed to do anything yet he says he doesn't hold me from doing stuff, I am afraid of even saying anything to him, etc.
    I started seeing a therapist (the insurance covers it I couldn't afford it otherwise) because the situation got me, he of course got mad I went. After a few sessions the therapist made me see I truly am in an abuse relationship. I do still try to justify his actions even though they hurt so much. I was trying to make it work out still case we had decided to do so but I just feel hopeless.
    Today we had another huge argument and he clearly stated he doesn't want to be with me (I really question why he did marry me...) yet he hasn't talk about divorce, I know he went to lawyers before. I think he just wants to still getting paid for being married and abandon me. Our lease ends by the end of october and he stated he wont get another apartment for us to live together. Of course I can't work yet because my EAD hasn't be approved yet so I am scared of finding myself abused and alone.
    We have our interview this Tuesday and I don't know if he will go and if so what should I do. Can I report the abuse in the interview? What if he doesn't show up in the interview? I readI would get denied for the whole process? What about the I 360 form? I just got to know today about it... my therapist said he would testify if necessary.

I have 3 days until my interview, just one working day though. I am scared of what could happen and what would he do.

I hope I can get some advice here, I am sorry the msg was so long but I had to get this out somehow.

Thanks.

Abuse. You need to seek professional help with a domestic abuse counselor.

You need to seek professional help with a domestic abuse counselor. You have to do this in your own terms. There are certain immigration exceptions that could give you a standing point to immigration as battered or abused spouse, then you can stil get your green Card. But you have to have medical and professional and legal proof that you have been abused.
    Check on USCIS website. Also check with an immigration lawyer.
    There are shelters for battered and abused women where you can be out of any violent reach.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X