RFE on AOS for divorce decree and marital history.Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE on AOS for divorce decree and marital history.Need help

Hi,Came here on B1/B2 visa with son and spouse in 2000 from India.Sister filed petition under 245.Petition got approved in 2005 .Got divorced in 2008 and remarried in 2009 to a Canadian arranged by parents after 2 meetings .

Ex spouse came back before my immigration interview to Canada, so decided not to go to Canada and remarried Ex with whom was married for 20 years earlier.Went for interview based on sisters petition.

USCIS sent RFE asking for Divorce decree from Canada and my martial history with sworn statement of how and when we met,our courtship,whether we lived together at which address and for how long and if so where and when And why we separated and divorced and why remarried to my first husband.I never lived with my Canadian as never got chance to go to Canada as did not go for interview.

My present husband does not have legal status here.He was in my I-130 when I applied.Do I need to submit pictures and other evidence along with RFE or just reply with what they have asked and marital history. Both my marriage has anything with my adjustment as none are US residents.This was the first time for AOS. Thanks

Confusing? story
    How did you get your green card?
    if it was because you were married to US citizen then you must prove that you married in good faith and not just for green card.
    And confused if this is an Canadian immigration or US immigration question?
    Any RFE best to submit more than enough docs, pics, letters, etc, this is a 2nd change to make your case, If you don't submit enough then denial.

Comment

My Adjustment of status is based on Sisters petition .Its not based on marriage.Previous marriage was with Canadian so never applied for immigration status to US.He was Canadian but I never moved to Canada.This is for US immigration filed by my sister and it took 13 years.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X