Medical Exam - Pregnancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Exam - Pregnancy

Hey there. I'm working on becoming a US citizen, I'm from Hong Kong. My medical exam is tomorrow and I'm 4 weeks pregnant. I'm wondering if there is anyway for the doctor to know that I'm pregnant without me telling them? And if they do know, what would happen?

Thanks.
    Last edited by kittykat67; 12-14-2013, 09:26 PM.

For a U.S. naturalization (citizenship) procedure, a medical exam is not a requirement.

For "Adjustment of Status," however, to apply for the Green Card, an immigrant medical exam is a requirement. You should ell the doctor that you are pregnant, as some of the required shots or vaccinations might best be avoided.

--Ray B

Originally posted by kittykat67 View Post
    Hey there. I'm working on becoming a US citizen, I'm from Hong Kong. My medical exam is tomorrow and I'm 4 weeks pregnant. I'm wondering if there is anyway for the doctor to know that I'm pregnant without me telling them? And if they do know, what would happen?

Thanks.

Comment

I'm sorry I didn't make it more clear as I was kind of in a rush. I am working on getting my Green Card and the medical exam is for that. Also, thanks for the info, but it doesn't completely answer my question. Anyone else have an answer? Thanks again.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

The doctor can do a simple urine test to verify your pregnancy status (or if you bring a report from your doctor that confirms it). It is important as certain vaccinations that are required for the Immigration Physical cannot be given when you are pregnant (as pointed out by RayB).
          As a substitute for those vaccines, the doctor can do a blood test to look for antibody titers for Measles, Mumps and Rubella and ascertain whether you have adequate protective titers or not. So that would mean a simple blood test. You could have your primary care doctor order that test and take it with you on the day of your immigration physical. Also take copies of all your previous immunizations.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X