Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unauthorized employment (used ssn, filed taxes) while on F1 - now H1 - filing i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unauthorized employment (used ssn, filed taxes) while on F1 - now H1 - filing i-485

My father was financially supporting me before he died. After his death i did unauthorized emplyment on my F1 status using my social security number to pay for tuition. i got 1099 forms and i filed tax returns. I then got my OPT and two extensions (totaling 29 month). now i am on H1 and about to file for i-485 (AOS). On application G325 it asks for previous 5 year employment, that 5 year period includes my unauthorized employment. my question is

1. should i wait one more year until that illegal employment exits that 5 year emplyment period history ? and then file i-485 - (that help? or 5year duration does not matter and it goes beyong 5 year period scrutiny) - OR

2. should i leave country and re-enter on my H1 emplyment visa ? (that help?) - OR

3. should i go for consular processing ?

* in case of my first option, do i loose my labor certificate (LC) and i140? do i have to reapply both - or can i delay my i485 application somehow maintaining my LC and i140?

- any person went through the same situation and still got their i485 approved or not?

Any input will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X