Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS inteview, case is being held for review important note

Hello,

Yesterday me and my wife attended to the interview at USCIS office.
    The interview basically went well as far as i can guess right now, but there's an important thing which i wanted to listen your opinion about or maybe someone have case similar to ours.

I came to US via green card (lottery)
    Before attending the green card interview in my country and eventually receiving a visa i met my future wife who wanted to go abroad and continue her education. I went to US and then went back to my home country in order to continue our relationship. Soon after that my future wife applied for a Master program in Fine Arts in the United States and was accepted to the university. At that time we were already living together.

Prior her arrival to the US i came first in order to find a job and to be able to pay for her education as we decided to do it ourselves rather than asking parents to do that. She came in USA in August 2012 and before New Year we decided to get married, i talked to her father about that and they were ok with that union as they already knew me for almost 2 years.

So we married in February 2014 and i submitted a petition at the end of May 2013. Petition was approved around September 2013 and then we proceeded with the next steps like filing I-130, I-485 and other related forms.

So, going back to the interview process. We didn't get approval instantly (even though we submitted plenty of proof of bona fide marriage, whcih included joint accounts, phone bills, phone calls to each other, tenancy agreement, life (my wife as a beneficiary) and medical insurance) and the IO gave us the paper which stated that our case is being held for review etc...

My question is following: Is it possible that they could deny our application because they may see an intent for my wife try to immigrate to the US because i got my green card approximately at the time?

We are kind of in frustration now and stressed out by that situation, and i'd like to hear you opinion on that case.
    Thank you.

You're assuming a problem that doesn't exist. In many USCIS offices, the Adjustment interview does no immediately result in a stated decision, but the approval and Green Card show up by mail a few weeks later. Unless an issue actually came under discussion during the interview, you have every reason to expect an approval.

--Ray B

Originally posted by mtg View Post
    Hello,

Yesterday me and my wife attended to the interview at USCIS office.
    The interview basically went well as far as i can guess right now, but there's an important thing which i wanted to listen your opinion about or maybe someone have case similar to ours.

I came to US via green card (lottery)
    Before attending the green card interview in my country and eventually receiving a visa i met my future wife who wanted to go abroad and continue her education. I went to US and then went back to my home country in order to continue our relationship. Soon after that my future wife applied for a Master program in Fine Arts in the United States and was accepted to the university. At that time we were already living together.

Prior her arrival to the US i came first in order to find a job and to be able to pay for her education as we decided to do it ourselves rather than asking parents to do that. She came in USA in August 2012 and before New Year we decided to get married, i talked to her father about that and they were ok with that union as they already knew me for almost 2 years.

So we married in February 2014 and i submitted a petition at the end of May 2013. Petition was approved around September 2013 and then we proceeded with the next steps like filing I-130, I-485 and other related forms.

So, going back to the interview process. We didn't get approval instantly (even though we submitted plenty of proof of bona fide marriage, whcih included joint accounts, phone bills, phone calls to each other, tenancy agreement, life (my wife as a beneficiary) and medical insurance) and the IO gave us the paper which stated that our case is being held for review etc...

My question is following: Is it possible that they could deny our application because they may see an intent for my wife try to immigrate to the US because i got my green card approximately at the time?

We are kind of in frustration now and stressed out by that situation, and i'd like to hear you opinion on that case.
    Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X