Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attending School and Travel during Adjustment of Status

Hello everyone,
    I am sending all of the forms (485,130,131,693,765,864) for greencard application within a couple weeks.
    I was on F-1 visa, graduated with my BA, and I am currently out of status.
    I got accepted for an M.S. program and it is hard to get in. So I don't mind paying international student fees for the first semester.
    I talked to my international student advisor, and she said I have to have my greencard to be considered a resident. She suggested that I should wait until 2 weeks before my M.S. program starts and if I don't receive my greencard by then (middle of August), International student services will issue an I-20 for me, then I will have to go to Mexico and come back to fix my status. At this point I can pay international student fees and attend school.

My only concern is to be able to attend the program. Also I don't want my application to be seen as abandoned when I leave the country during Adjustment of Status. I have read certain things about Advance Parole, I don't know if that is necessary in my situation?
    Do you have any suggestions for me to follow, so I can attend school?
    Also based on your experience do you think the above plan sounds legitimate?
    edit: Another concern of mine is that I don't want to get stuck in Mexico.
    Thank you
    Last edited by Young; 05-22-2014, 03:56 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X