Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 Denied

Hi

I am an american, my husband Italian, we filed the i-130, i-485, and a few other forms all together a month ago and just received the i-797 denial form. It is because he wrote his italian address that is on his ID instead of my address here in the US, our bad. But my questions are:

- Has anyone else done this and then resubmitted it, if so how? One of the forms says send this notification when you send the correct documents, but I have read that we should just start from scratch. I'm not sure which one will be faster and/or better.

- Also do you know if we can reuse any forms from the old packet if it has the time stamp on them, mainly the affidavits and banks proof.

- And the money orders have been stamped on the front, can we reuse them or need to get new ones again.

Thanks for the help!

Laurin

Laurin,

If your received your package and fee checks back, your submittal was not "denied," but was "rejected," an important difference.

If the "rejection" was stated because your husband's address was inappropriately reported as in Italy, that doesn't sound right, as I've done exactly the same thing on visa conversion packages, with no problem. I suspect that there was something more obvious about the way your forms were completed that caused a rejection, such as lacking signatures or the fee amount not being correct. But without seeing the USCIS verbiage for the rejection, it's hard to tell the context.

You can use the same forms with the various USCIS stamps with no particular problem, but I recommend redoing only what had wrong info and repackaging everything over, then resubmitting.

Once again, based on what you posted below, you were not "denied," but something was just wrong with your documents or packaging and you need to correct and repackage and resubmit.

--Ray B

Originally posted by GVLM View Post
    Hi

I am an american, my husband Italian, we filed the i-130, i-485, and a few other forms all together a month ago and just received the i-797 denial form. It is because he wrote his italian address that is on his ID instead of my address here in the US, our bad. But my questions are:

- Has anyone else done this and then resubmitted it, if so how? One of the forms says send this notification when you send the correct documents, but I have read that we should just start from scratch. I'm not sure which one will be faster and/or better.

- Also do you know if we can reuse any forms from the old packet if it has the time stamp on them, mainly the affidavits and banks proof.

- And the money orders have been stamped on the front, can we reuse them or need to get new ones again.

Thanks for the help!

Laurin

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Laurin,

If your received your package and fee checks back, your submittal was not "denied," but was "rejected," an important difference.

If the "rejection" was stated because your husband's address was inappropriately reported as in Italy, that doesn't sound right, as I've done exactly the same thing on visa conversion packages, with no problem. I suspect that there was something more obvious about the way your forms were completed that caused a rejection, such as lacking signatures or the fee amount not being correct. But without seeing the USCIS verbiage for the rejection, it's hard to tell the context.

You can use the same forms with the various USCIS stamps with no particular problem, but I recommend redoing only what had wrong info and repackaging everything over, then resubmitting.

Once again, based on what you posted below, you were not "denied," but something was just wrong with your documents or packaging and you need to correct and repackage and resubmit.

--Ray B

Thanks Ray,

I reposted with the correct information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X