Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-485 Rejected

Hi

I am an american, my husband Italian, we filed the i-130, i-485, and a few other forms all together a month ago and just received the i-797 rejection form. It is because he wrote his italian address that is on his ID instead of my address here in the US. The exact verbiage is: The address you provided is outside the US. The form type you are attempting to file requires that the individual provide a US address. So we will put the apartment that I have leased that he lives in with me even though he does not have any documents showing he actually resides here. (I assume this will be okay) But my questions are:

- Has anyone else done this and then resubmitted it, if so how? One of the forms says send this notification when you send the correct documents, but I have read that we should just start from scratch. I'm not sure which one will be faster and/or better.

- Also do you know if we can reuse any forms from the old packet if it has the time stamp on them, mainly the affidavits and banks proof.

- And the money orders have been stamped on the front, can we reuse them or need to get new ones again.

Thanks for the help!

Laurin

Laurin,

1. You don't need to attach the "Notification" form, but it may get your package in a "faster" stack.
    2. You can reuse the forms with date stamps on them, not a problem.
    3. If the money orders have been returned to you, even with DHS stamp, you can send the same ones again.

--Ray B

Originally posted by GVLM View Post
    Hi

I am an american, my husband Italian, we filed the i-130, i-485, and a few other forms all together a month ago and just received the i-797 rejection form. It is because he wrote his italian address that is on his ID instead of my address here in the US. The exact verbiage is: The address you provided is outside the US. The form type you are attempting to file requires that the individual provide a US address. So we will put the apartment that I have leased that he lives in with me even though he does not have any documents showing he actually resides here. (I assume this will be okay) But my questions are:

- Has anyone else done this and then resubmitted it, if so how? One of the forms says send this notification when you send the correct documents, but I have read that we should just start from scratch. I'm not sure which one will be faster and/or better.

- Also do you know if we can reuse any forms from the old packet if it has the time stamp on them, mainly the affidavits and banks proof.

- And the money orders have been stamped on the front, can we reuse them or need to get new ones again.

Thanks for the help!

Laurin

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X