Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bona Fide

Hey good people,

So I recently mailed my application for AOS, my wife is the citizen and I came here with a F-1 from Brazil.

Because we're both very young and still building all lives together we don't really had any "hard evidence" of bona fide, like Mortgage Statements, or Leases in our names.
    The only thing we had to prove our relationship were our photos, which we sent about 50 (is that too much, too little?), part of it BTW taken in a trip to California, in which her dad came with us and he is in some of the pics, so I guess thats a plus, right? Also I printed out our "******** Friendship Timeline", that was about 40 pages, and for last copies of exchanged poems we wrote for each other. So only those 3 things, is that going to be enough, or would I have any problems? Has anyone been thru something like that?

Let me also add a little of backstory;

We used to live together on our own and have leases on our name and all, foe a little while, but then this happened; [ALERT: Drama ahead]
    Her mom cheated on her dad and moved down to FL after a 25+ years marriage and are now going thru divorce. He didn't handle that well and had a breakdown. He insisted that we would move back in with him since he was about to slice his wrists from the depression. I didn't mind because it's a big house and we have our own "in-law" kinda of apartment and also I figured it would actually look good as a bona fide showing that we all live together( I don't think people doing marriage scams tell their parents about it, right?)
    So all the bills are in his name, he makes about 500k a year with his own Contracting company (he's gonna be my co-sponsor btw), although we still pay a rent because I would feel weird if I didn't.

I thought the financial parts of the bona fide wouldn't be that important, just because we can prove that despite the we have a true relationship going on, and isn't that what really matters? That it is real? Marriage is not a business.

And about the affidavit, I totally oversaw those, is it too late to send them? Could I send them with the I-485 once I get the NOA from the I-130?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Gregory Peck; 07-22-2014, 07:52 AM. Reason: Addition

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X