Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wait time between I-485 interview status change to receipt of notice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait time between I-485 interview status change to receipt of notice?

Hi all,

My husband and I were happy to see the online status of his I-485 petition to change to the "interview and scheduling" phase. Though that was now close to a month ago and we are still waiting to receive the notice. We have travel plans to make, i.e. plane tickets to buy, but we are hesitant to buy in case we will have to cancel for the interview.

What is the typical wait time between the online status change and the receipt of the notice of interview date? Should we expect to wait much longer?

Thank you for your help!

Timeline, so far:

I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131 - received 7.25.2014
    EAD (travel and work permit) - received 9.29.2014
    I-485 online change to "interview and scheduling" - 9.16.2014

Don't rely on the USCIS status page for accurate information on your paperwork status, as some USCIS offices do not routinely update the status application.

Your actual interview or approval without an interview could happen anytime, but you would normally receive a mailed notice about a month in advance for an interview date.

--Ray B

Originally posted by waitingandwaiting View Post
    Hi all,

My husband and I were happy to see the online status of his I-485 petition to change to the "interview and scheduling" phase. Though that was now close to a month ago and we are still waiting to receive the notice. We have travel plans to make, i.e. plane tickets to buy, but we are hesitant to buy in case we will have to cancel for the interview.

What is the typical wait time between the online status change and the receipt of the notice of interview date? Should we expect to wait much longer?

Thank you for your help!

Timeline, so far:

I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131 - received 7.25.2014
    EAD (travel and work permit) - received 9.29.2014
    I-485 online change to "interview and scheduling" - 9.16.2014

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X