Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-485 Part 3 arrest question

Hello everyone,

I've got married few weeks ago and I'm trying to finish up with my paperwork here.

I have a question about Part 3 1a / 1b of I-485. I'm a little bit confused which box to check. I read a lot of posts but none of these have specified which line to check. I was arrested for shoplifting NY state in 2008, merchandise less $50, taken to station, fingerprinted and I went to court later where I plead guilty to DISORDERLY CONDUCT (which is not CIMT).

So what do I check in the form:
    1. Have you EVER, in or outside the United States:

a. Knowingly committed any crime of moral turpitude or drug-related offence for which you have not been arrested?

b. Been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined, or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance, excluding traffic violations?

I have certificate of disposition, signed and sealed stating section charged PL 155.25, section disposed PL 240.20.

Your answer and help is very appreciated. Thank you.

Check "No" for 1.a. and "Yes" for 1.b.

--Ray B

Originally posted by jabrno View Post
    Hello everyone,

I've got married few weeks ago and I'm trying to finish up with my paperwork here.

I have a question about Part 3 1a / 1b of I-485. I'm a little bit confused which box to check. I read a lot of posts but none of these have specified which line to check. I was arrested for shoplifting NY state in 2008, merchandise less $50, taken to station, fingerprinted and I went to court later where I plead guilty to DISORDERLY CONDUCT (which is not CIMT).

So what do I check in the form:
    1. Have you EVER, in or outside the United States:

a. Knowingly committed any crime of moral turpitude or drug-related offence for which you have not been arrested?

b. Been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined, or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance, excluding traffic violations?

I have certificate of disposition, signed and sealed stating section charged PL 155.25, section disposed PL 240.20.

Your answer and help is very appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X