I-864 Income Requirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864 Income Requirement

I recently (in July 2014) submitted an i-485 with I-864 application for my parents. I used my wife as a household member to meet the income requirement. However, the USCIS is requiring me to submit an income tax in 2013 that will meet the 125% poverty guideline. The problem is I was not working in 2013 and I just started working in May of 2014. How do I respond to the RFE?

income

also my spouse makes 20000 will that be enough income for 2 house hold in the i-864 ?

Comment

If your spouse is undocumented, his illegal employment income cannot be used for sponsorship.

-Ray B

Originally posted by twenty8 View Post
      also my spouse makes 20000 will that be enough income for 2 house hold in the i-864 ?
      - - - Updated - - -

Get a co-sponsor.

--Ray B

Originally posted by cristan View Post
      I recently (in July 2014) submitted an i-485 with I-864 application for my parents. I used my wife as a household member to meet the income requirement. However, the USCIS is requiring me to submit an income tax in 2013 that will meet the 125% poverty guideline. The problem is I was not working in 2013 and I just started working in May of 2014. How do I respond to the RFE?

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
        If your spouse is undocumented, his illegal employment income cannot be used for sponsorship.

-Ray B

- - - Updated - - -

Get a co-sponsor.

--Ray B
        opps i should be more specific i make $20000 and i am a us citizen , is that ok for two

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X