No announcement yet.

i-192 and i-864 cancel each other out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-192 and i-864 cancel each other out?

HI!

all this immigration stuff and form filling has me a bit confused, and there's one question I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere.

My husband and I are filling out an i-192 form to waive the fee on his 1-485.

We don't make a lot of money and I don't make the required amount to fill out an affidavit of support(i-864)

my sister will be filling out an i-864a since we don't meed to requirements.

BUT THE QUESTION IS…. will my sister be responsible for the fee waived on the i-485 form?

This might be a stupid question, but like I said, this stuff can be quite confusing and difficult to grasp sometimes.

anyway, thank you in advance to anyone who has some knowledge here!

The fee waiver probably won't be available to you. A very high level of proof of eligibility proof is needed to get a fee waiver request approved. Don't count on it, and I wouldn't even bother asking for it as I were you.

If the sister is going to be a co-sponsor, you still have to submit an I-864 as the primary sponsor, and the sister should submit a separate I-864 package. I don't recommend getting an I-864A from her.

--Ray B

Originally posted by psi.jemini View Post
    HI!

all this immigration stuff and form filling has me a bit confused, and there's one question I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere.

My husband and I are filling out an i-192 form to waive the fee on his 1-485.

We don't make a lot of money and I don't make the required amount to fill out an affidavit of support(i-864)

my sister will be filling out an i-864a since we don't meed to requirements.

BUT THE QUESTION IS…. will my sister be responsible for the fee waived on the i-485 form?

This might be a stupid question, but like I said, this stuff can be quite confusing and difficult to grasp sometimes.

anyway, thank you in advance to anyone who has some knowledge here!

Last edited by rayb; 11-09-2014, 11:44 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X