Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non Availability of Birth Certificate (Indian citizen born in Saudi Arabia)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Availability of Birth Certificate (Indian citizen born in Saudi Arabia)

Hi,
    I am an Indian citizen, who was born in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia in 1983.
    We left the country before the 'one-year' mark so I wasn't issued a birth certificate. I was simply added to my mother's Indian passport based on the Saudi hospital's admittance slip (which has subsequently been lost) and travelled to India based on that (I have a copy of my mother's original passport). Subsequently I received my own Indian passport.
    I am now applying for my Green Card through family.
    In lieu of my birth certificate I have 2 affidavits from family confirming that no birth certificate was issued in Saudi Arabia and an official letter from the Embassy Of India in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia stating that they have no 'record of possession of my birth certificate'. Will these three documents be enough to be considered as "alternate / secondary" evidence.
    Thank you.
    S.

Originally posted by Suit View Post
    Hi,
    We left the country before the 'one-year' mark so I wasn't issued a birth certificate. I was simply added to my mother's Indian passport based on the Saudi hospital's admittance slip (which has subsequently been lost) and travelled to India based on that (I have a copy of my mother's original passport). Subsequently I received my own Indian passport.
    In lieu of my birth certificate I have 2 affidavits from family confirming that no birth certificate was issued in Saudi Arabia and an official letter from the Embassy Of India in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia stating that they have no 'record of possession of my birth certificate'. Will these three documents be enough to be considered as "alternate / secondary" evidence.
    Thank you.
    S.

Any update on your case? I am in the same situation with a minor difference(I was born in Riyadh)

Comment

RFE for Saudi Born applying for I-485

I am here only to seek any help. I am in the same situation where USCIS has asked for a copy of birth certificate (Jeddah-Saudi) or a "Certificate of Non-Availability" from Saudi Authorities. My parent are not sure if they ever had one from me. My name is registered in her oldest passport and I have a copy of that. I also have all the copies of my oldest passport showing travel trip in and out of Saudi in those years. Secondary School Certificate from Jeddah is also available BUT USCIS is looking for either Birth Certificate or Certificate of Non-Availability. My country consulate in Jeddah is not responsive to my requests. what is the alternative or a way to get this resolved. if anyone has resolved this in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by azbas View Post
        I am here only to seek any help. I am in the same situation where USCIS has asked for a copy of birth certificate (Jeddah-Saudi) or a "Certificate of Non-Availability" from Saudi Authorities. My parent are not sure if they ever had one from me. My name is registered in her oldest passport and I have a copy of that. I also have all the copies of my oldest passport showing travel trip in and out of Saudi in those years. Secondary School Certificate from Jeddah is also available BUT USCIS is looking for either Birth Certificate or Certificate of Non-Availability. My country consulate in Jeddah is not responsive to my requests. what is the alternative or a way to get this resolved. if anyone has resolved this in the past.
        My attorney asked me to provide 2 affidavits. I don't know whether that will work or not. Just wanted to check with somebody who had gone through this earlier. Did you check with your attorney? Which stage of GC are you in now?

Note: I don't have a BC or Non availability certificate from Saudi

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy19 View Post
          My attorney asked me to provide 2 affidavits. I don't know whether that will work or not. Just wanted to check with somebody who had gone through this earlier. Did you check with your attorney? Which stage of GC are you in now?

Note: I don't have a BC or Non availability certificate from Saudi
          hi jimmy,
          i have the same situation here ,did the affidavit works for u?

Comment

Originally posted by joe87 View Post
            hi jimmy,
            i have the same situation here ,did the affidavit works for u?
            I am still with PERM process only. Trying to get some information from someone who had gone through the same situation.

Anybody got any idea how to get Non-availability from Saudi officials?

Or anyone gone through this situation earlier and and are willing to share their experience here?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

same issue

hi, i am in the same issue, if you have any help on this, please let me know

Comment

Oman Born - Birth Certificate From Embassy of India Muscat no other evidence

I am Oman born everything approved now just waiting to file I 485 but attorney stated I am in high risk for for RFE or denial as I a not having secondary evidence or Birth certificate . What can I do. Attorney asked to get 2 affidavit from parents .

So are my chances high of getting an rfe.
                My birth certificate was issued in 1987 from embassy of india muscat would that feel guine .all my i20's passport have oman as my birth place
                also my parent's visa stamp of in and out would this work ?

Comment

Originally posted by sunilbhatia0 View Post
                  I am Oman born everything approved now just waiting to file I 485 but attorney stated I am in high risk for for RFE or denial as I a not having secondary evidence or Birth certificate . What can I do. Attorney asked to get 2 affidavit from parents .

So are my chances high of getting an rfe.
                  My birth certificate was issued in 1987 from embassy of india muscat would that feel guine .all my i20's passport have oman as my birth place
                  also my parent's visa stamp of in and out would this work ?
                  Could you please let us know the timelines for your case? (like when did you apply for PERM, when it got approved? I-140 application and approval dates, etc)
                  Do you have embassy issued birth certificate or Oman govt issued birth certificate? What do you mean by not having secondary evidence? What all documents are considered as secondary evidence as per your attorney? Did your attorney ask you for non-availability certificate as well?

Comment

non-availability of birth certificate

submitted all - I-130,I-485,I-765,I-131,G-325, I-846EZ and med exam results on June 1, 2015
                    Done biometrics on July 1, 2015
                    Received Request for Initial evidence of birth certificate on July 3,2015
                    Submitted Certificate of non-availability of birth record and affidavit of birth from my mother on July 16,2015
                    Do you think what i submitted for RFE is ok? what is timetable for this?

Comment

Originally posted by rnlorna View Post
                      submitted all - I-130,I-485,I-765,I-131,G-325, I-846EZ and med exam results on June 1, 2015
                      Done biometrics on July 1, 2015
                      Received Request for Initial evidence of birth certificate on July 3,2015
                      Submitted Certificate of non-availability of birth record and affidavit of birth from my mother on July 16,2015
                      Do you think what i submitted for RFE is ok? what is timetable for this?

From which officials did you get Certificate of non-availability of birth record (from your country of birth or any embassy)?

Comment

non availability of birth certificate

Got my non availability of birth record from my country

Comment

From what my attorney told me..... Non availability and affidavits will do..

BTW, what is your country of birth?

Comment

Please let us know if you got certificate of non-availability from Saudi? And the million dollar question - how did you get it? I am in the same boat as many users like Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by Suit View Post
                              Hi,
                              Thank you.
                              S.
                              My case is a also exactly same as you. Can you please guide me to get few information

1. 'Saudi Arabia stating that they have no 'record of possession of my birth certificate' - That's a good document to produce, how did you manage to get that paper. or tell me where to apply

2. official letter from the Embassy Of India in Jeddah - where did you allied and what is the process to get that letter.

Hows your case going ? , Wish you all the best.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X