Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-131 Advance Parole Questions URGENT!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-131 Advance Parole Questions URGENT!!!!!

Hi All,
    I have a pending I-485 case with USCIS and my online status says that since Oct 8, 2014 my application is ready to be scheduled for an interview and I still haven't heard anything yet from them. I have already put in service request twice and received a letter asking to contact after 90 days if I still don't hear anything. While filing the I-485 application, I hadn't filed the I-131 Advance Parole concurrently but wanted to do so now as I intend to travel in April/May. I know there is a possibility that my interview might be scheduled by then but I wanted to be in the safer side and apply for the Travel Document now. Now, my question is as per my understanding if I didn't send the I-131 application along wit I-485 I have to pay the additional fees? but found the following information in the instruction for form I-131 :

"If you filed Form I-485 on or after July 30, 2007, and you paid the I-485 application fee required, then no fee is required to file a request for an Advanced Parole Document or Refugee Travel Document on Form I-131 if your Form I-485 is still pending, if:

1. You now hold U.S. refugee or asylee status, and are applyting for a Refugee Travel Document;
    or
    2. You are applying for an Advance Parole Document to allow you to return to the United States after temporary foreign travel."

Since point 2 applies for me so do I not need to send in the additional fees? Also, what are the processing time usually when the I-131 is sent separately like this.
    Thanks in advance!!!
    Also some information:
    USCIS received my case - 8th Sept, 2014
    Biometrics: 30th Sept, 2014
    EAD Received: 10/10/2014
    Online status saying ready for interview schedule: 8th Oct
    Field Office: San Antonio, TX.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...