Please Help Me Fill Out Form I-864

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Me Fill Out Form I-864

Hello, I am currently in the process of getting my wife a green card and I am stuck on part 6 of Form I-864. I live with my wife and her uncle. I am currently unemployed and have no income or assets. I did work in 2012, 2013, and 2014. But I quit my job in November of 2014 and currently still unemployed and used up all of my money that i have left. I am also currently in the process of getting a new job but it is not finished and I do not have a exact date on when I am getting the job. And my wife is currently unable to work since she came here with a F-1 student visa. So do i just put down $0.00 on part 6 as my income? Will it hurt our outcome when the USCIS makes a decision? I am currently using her uncle(not the one that lives with us, because the one that lives with us does not make the poverty guideline requirement) as a joint sponsor for he is a permanent resident in the US. I am just confused on how I am supposed to fill out that part... Please help

You show -0- income for your income, but you will need to show the Form 1040 total income amounts for the tax return section.

Your uncle will provide a separae I-864 as a joint sponsor.

--Ray B

Originally posted by isaac.baek View Post
    Hello, I am currently in the process of getting my wife a green card and I am stuck on part 6 of Form I-864. I live with my wife and her uncle. I am currently unemployed and have no income or assets. I did work in 2012, 2013, and 2014. But I quit my job in November of 2014 and currently still unemployed and used up all of my money that i have left. I am also currently in the process of getting a new job but it is not finished and I do not have a exact date on when I am getting the job. And my wife is currently unable to work since she came here with a F-1 student visa. So do i just put down $0.00 on part 6 as my income? Will it hurt our outcome when the USCIS makes a decision? I am currently using her uncle(not the one that lives with us, because the one that lives with us does not make the poverty guideline requirement) as a joint sponsor for he is a permanent resident in the US. I am just confused on how I am supposed to fill out that part... Please help

Comment

link on how to prepare cover letter before filing forms i-130, i-485 etc to USCIS?

i have a similar case.. does it mean that we have to file two forms? that is, one for me and one for my sponsor.. please does anyone know the link on how to prepare a cover letter before filing all the forms (i-130, i-485 etc)

Comment

It's just a simple list of contents.

Put your name, address and phone.

Date.

Address of USCIS Chicago lockbox.

Subject will be Forms I-485 and I-130
        Names of petitioner and beneficiary

List all content items.

--Ray B
        Originally posted by ozeh36 View Post
        i have a similar case.. does it mean that we have to file two forms? that is, one for me and one for my sponsor.. please does anyone know the link on how to prepare a cover letter before filing all the forms (i-130, i-485 etc)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X