B1/B2 Visa and/or I-94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 Visa and/or I-94

I am a US Citizen and I am about to apply for an Adjustment of Status for my wife who is a Mexican National.
    We want to submit in the US so we don't have to go to Ciudad Juarez.
    My wife has a B1/B2 Visa that expires in 2019. We live in a border town.
    Do we need to get her a I-94 in order to apply for the Adjustment of Status?
    I am under the impression that it is not necessary since she is able to legally enter the US with her B1/B2 Visa.

More Info....

I am a US Citizen and I am about to apply for an Adjustment of Status for my wife who is a Mexican National
    We want to submit in the US so we don't have to go to Ciudad Juarez.
    My wife has a B1/B2 Visa that expires in 2019. We live in a border town.
    Do we need to get her a I-94 in order to apply for the Adjustment of Status?
    I am under the impression that it is not necessary since she is able to legally enter the US with her B1/B2 Visa.
    She filed for VISA 6 years ago, she was working in Mexico. We got married 10 years ago. We have children.
    I know live in the US she is living still in Mexico.

Comment

Simple...

Your wife will be automatically given an I-94 once she enters the country on her B1/B2 visa.

Comment

Did not happen

We sold our house in Mexico and she went on to move to her mother's while I moved to the US.
        We went to get I-94 but they denied her because she could not prove she was living at the mother's since there was nothing under our names anymore.

I asked them (CBP) to give a list of items I could bring to prove residency and they literally said "We don't have a list, you have to figure it out"

So now I need to know can we apply for Status Adjustment under her Border-Crossing Card (B2 Visa)

Comment

Originally posted by OzkarPharPhan View Post
          We sold our house in Mexico and she went on to move to her mother's while I moved to the US.
          We went to get I-94 but they denied her because she could not prove she was living at the mother's since there was nothing under our names anymore.

I asked them (CBP) to give a list of items I could bring to prove residency and they literally said "We don't have a list, you have to figure it out"

So now I need to know can we apply for Status Adjustment under her Border-Crossing Card (B2 Visa)
          YES, once she is allowed into the country on her B-2 visa, she can adjust her status.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks ExperienceIA

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X