Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form I-864 issue

Hi everyone,

I have everything ready to finally file my I-485!! The only thing I am missing and I am hoping that you can help me ASAP is form I-864, Part 6 "Sponsor's Income & Employment."

Initially, I wanted to include the incomes for years 2013, 2012, and 2011. The problem is that my husband cannot find his 2011 tax return, and therefore, the income for that year.
    However, he just received his W-2 for 2014 but has not filed his taxes yet for 2014. I was wondering whether I could give as "income for the 3 most recent years" 2014, 2013 and 2012 since I have all three numbers and attach as "most recent Tax Return" the one from year 2013 accompanied by a letter saying that we have not filed 2014 taxes yet hence the 2013 Tax Return instead of the 2014.

Do you think that would be okay?
    Thank you so very much in advance!!! I am very stressed out about this issue that has occurred. I hope you can help me!!

Nancy,

Relax.

Part 6, #5 and #10 should be your estimated annual income based on your current employment payscale.

Part 6, #13a - #13c, should show total income from line 22 of your Federal income tax returns for 2012 and 2013.

Include also copies of the Federal income tax returns for those years, and the W2's or 1099-MISC forms for 2013 and for the most recent tax year, 2014.

--Ray B

Originally posted by nancyny View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have everything ready to finally file my I-485!! The only thing I am missing and I am hoping that you can help me ASAP is form I-864, Part 6 "Sponsor's Income & Employment."

Initially, I wanted to include the incomes for years 2013, 2012, and 2011. The problem is that my husband cannot find his 2011 tax return, and therefore, the income for that year.
    However, he just received his W-2 for 2014 but has not filed his taxes yet for 2014. I was wondering whether I could give as "income for the 3 most recent years" 2014, 2013 and 2012 since I have all three numbers and attach as "most recent Tax Return" the one from year 2013 accompanied by a letter saying that we have not filed 2014 taxes yet hence the 2013 Tax Return instead of the 2014.

Do you think that would be okay?
    Thank you so very much in advance!!! I am very stressed out about this issue that has occurred. I hope you can help me!!

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Nancy,

Relax.

Part 6, #5 and #10 should be your estimated annual income based on your current employment payscale.

Part 6, #13a - #13c, should show total income from line 22 of your Federal income tax returns for 2012 and 2013.

Include also copies of the Federal income tax returns for those years, and the W2's or 1099-MISC forms for 2013 and for the most recent tax year, 2014.

--Ray B

Thank you very much for your prompt response!!! I greatly appreciate it!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X