Help with form I-864

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with form I-864

I apologize in advance for my ignorance, Ok, here is my situation, I filed I-130 and form I-485, the process went really fast since I already did my biometrics with in a month. Everything was going smoothly until I get a letter stating that I need a form i-864 or I will get deny. My question is this, can my spouse (the petitioner) fill form I-864 (just her, with no joint sponsor) even though she just started working about 6 months ago?? Or do we need a joint sponsor who can provide income for the last 3 years.

This is our situation:

1. I have been working for about a year and a half legally since I have (DACA), I filed my taxes the last 2 years. (I am also a full time student idk if that helps)
    2.My wife only made 12k since she started working around November.
    3.My wife did filed taxes this year but not the two years before because she was a full time student, were planning to write a letter explaining why she did not file taxes.
    4.Combine, our income is about 100k a year, ( only 3 me my wife and our baby so its over 125% poverty for sure) we can prove that were making about 8-10k a month in our check stubs for the last 6 months.
    Last edited by ev3ryoneneedshelp; 03-19-2015, 11:36 PM.

Your wife must file an I-864, as the petitoner, even if her employment has only been recent. If you are legally eligible to work, you can be a part of her sponsorship package with form I-864A.

--Ray B

Originally posted by ev3ryoneneedshelp View Post
    I apologize in advance for my ignorance, Ok, here is my situation, I filed I-130 and form I-485, the process went really fast since I already did my biometrics with in a month. Everything was going smoothly until I get a letter stating that I need a form i-864 or I will get deny. My question is this, can my spouse (the petitioner) fill form I-864 (just her, with no joint sponsor) even though she just started working about 6 months ago?? Or do we need a joint sponsor who can provide income for the last 3 years.

This is our situation:

1. I have been working for about a year and a half legally since I have (DACA), I filed my taxes the last 2 years. (I am also a full time student idk if that helps)
    2.My wife only made 12k since she started working around November.
    3.My wife did filed taxes this year but not the two years before because she was a full time student, were planning to write a letter explaining why she did not file taxes.
    4.Combine, our income is about 100k a year, ( only 3 me my wife and our baby so its over 125% poverty for sure) we can prove that were making about 8-10k a month in our check stubs for the last 6 months.

Comment

Ray,
      Thanks in advance, I just want to confirm I am doing everything correct, My wife did fill out a form i-864 with my form I-864a(I am legally eligible to work), and we also did letter explaining that we did not file taxes the previous years because we were both full time students with no income. My concern and questions is, do we need a Joint Sponsor since we only have proof of a year and half of income. Thank again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X