Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-864 Affidavit of support (unemployed) please help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864 Affidavit of support (unemployed) please help!!

Hello!! I am really stressed out as I have searched and called and even tried to seek legal help but have had no luck with this. I was laid off my job in December, my (now) husband is adjusting his status and of course we must submit the I-864. Last year I made well over the poverty income level and this year I am currently drawing unemployment as I have not been able to find a job. My unemployment runs out in a few months and the question I have is:

Do I count my unemployment as income under Part 6 Question 5 of the I-864?

If so I of course would not make the threshold but I do have a co sponsor whom is going to also fill out the I 864 separate.
    The only issue is...he has only filed taxed for 2011 2012 and 2013 and not 2014 because they do live on a farm and have many expenses and have filed for an extension.

Should I have them submit a letter stating that they plan on submitting 2014 they have just filed for an extension?
    Or should I just send in what they have given me so far and expect to get a letter wanting their 2014 taxes?

I am also curious as to if something is wrongly stated on a form as an accident is there any justice or will they automatically deny?

We have a joint bank account and in that account we do have sufficient savings built up, should I even put that under my assets? If I do will they require a bank statement?

One last thing, should my husband submit the I 131 if he has no plans as of right now to leave the country?

Thank you so much!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X