Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Adjust base on DV Lottery instead of marriage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Adjust base on DV Lottery instead of marriage!

Hello,

I recently got married in September 2014 and applied for i765, i130, i485 in January 2015. I got my EAD card approved in March. I have been having problems with my wife and from the looks of things, we won't last and she threatens to cancel the petition. Luckily I had applied for the DV lottery last year and I just saw that I had been selected for further processing just yesterday (May 7, 2015).

My question is can I abandon or withdraw the petition based on marriage and pursue an adjustment of status through the DV Lottery? Please help me because it has become a lot of headache for me.

Also, I came in with an F1 visa and I was a full time student till I graduated last year in June. I applied for OPT and it got denied in August because the date on my i20 was 3 days later than the date I paid online for my OPT (which did not make sense to me). My visa expired at the end of october but I was already married and my graduation walk was in December. Will I be considered out of status for the period between when my visa expired and when I actually put in the new application?

Please help me. Thank you.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X