Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing my husband to the United States

Hi everyone,

I am in need of information. I got married in Brazil at the courthouse and want my brazilian husband to come to the US. We are applying for the I-130 visa. I know that after that, there will be the I-485 visa. Anyone in a similar situation know how long the I-485 is taking? We only got married at the courthouse so we are planning a church wedding and reception for next April. I'm freaking out thinking that we might not get approved by then. Would he be able to stay with me in the US while we wait for the I-485?

Any info will be incredibly appreciated!!!

Originally posted by caroleandre View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am in need of information. I got married in Brazil at the courthouse and want my brazilian husband to come to the US. We are applying for the I-130 visa. I know that after that, there will be the I-485 visa. Anyone in a similar situation know how long the I-485 is taking? We only got married at the courthouse so we are planning a church wedding and reception for next April. I'm freaking out thinking that we might not get approved by then. Would he be able to stay with me in the US while we wait for the I-485?

Any info will be incredibly appreciated!!!
    1. Are you US Citizen or Permanent Resident? If you're US Citizen you can file I-130 / I-485 together for your husband, but your husband needs to be inside US. He can apply for US Visitor or fiancee visa and enter US, then file I-130 & I-485. You can't file I-485 if beneficiary is outside US, you'll need to go through Consular processing.
    2. If he enters US on valid visa, and you may file petition through concurrent petition, he will receive EAD card & Advance Parole (travel document) within 3 months after filing petition. I repeat he needs to be inside US on valid visa for concurrent filing.

If you're not US citizen (Green Card holder) - you can't go through concurrent filing. You need to wait for I-130 petition to be approved and priority date to be current.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X