Missed interview! Rescheduling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed interview! Rescheduling?

I missed my immigration interview and sent a request to reschedule as soon as I could. Track&Trace said they received my letter on June 3rd, but I still have not received any notification on what is going to happen. Would they reject my case? Could this cause a huge delay? Any idea on what I could expect to happen next?

Thanks!
    Joli

The outcome depends on what kind of interview and at what location. Was this for a visa interview outside the U.S.? Or was it for an Adjustment interview, a Naturalization interview or some other procedure in the U.S.

For example, if you missed an Adjustment of Status interview (I-485), it's an almost automatic denial, which requires you to either submit a "Reopen" application or a new Adjustment package.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Joli Bastin View Post
    I missed my immigration interview and sent a request to reschedule as soon as I could. Track&Trace said they received my letter on June 3rd, but I still have not received any notification on what is going to happen. Would they reject my case? Could this cause a huge delay? Any idea on what I could expect to happen next?

Thanks!
    Joli

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      The outcome depends on what kind of interview and at what location. Was this for a visa interview outside the U.S.? Or was it for an Adjustment interview, a Naturalization interview or some other procedure in the U.S.

For example, if you missed an Adjustment of Status interview (I-485), it's an almost automatic denial, which requires you to either submit a "Reopen" application or a new Adjustment package.

--Ray B
      For a residence permit, for the I-485. I wrote a letter with my request for rescheduling explaining that I received the appointment letter too late to still go to the appointment. If they won't accept that as a valid reason, will reopening always be an option? How doable is that? I don't think I can start over. When I check my case status though, it hasn't changed at all, it doesn't say my case has been rejected either. I called the USCIS to ask about it but they couldn't tell me anything more either.

Comment

Wait a month or so for any followup correspondence from USCIS.

--Ray B

For a residence permit, for the I-485. I wrote a letter with my request for rescheduling explaining that I received the appointment letter too late to still go to the appointment. If they won't accept that as a valid reason, will reopening always be an option? How doable is that? I don't think I can start over. When I check my case status though, it hasn't changed at all, it doesn't say my case has been rejected either. I called the USCIS to ask about it but they couldn't tell me anything more either.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
          Wait a month or so for any followup correspondence from USCIS.

--Ray B
          Alright, thanks!

Comment

I think you should call USCIS and request to talk to level 2 rep. Or do an infopass.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X