Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pending Working Permit or Green Card - Can I work while waiting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pending Working Permit or Green Card - Can I work while waiting?

Good day!

I had my concurrent filing for EB2 - NIW - Exceptional Ability with my daughter as a derivative. We both received our Notice of Action (I-797) two weeks from the priority date which is May 20. By late June, we received a notice for Biometrics in the I-485 form. We had our biometrics by July 7.

Here is my question. Currently, we are waiting for the working permit to be approved or the Green Card to be approved but we heard from a friend that we can now work even if the working permit or green card is still pending since we already have received a Notice of Action of the I-765 (which is the working permit) ... In fact we received a notice of action of ALL forms (I-765, I-140, I-131, and I-485). Our friend said that it is based on INA - 204j - portability. I read on it but I did not understand.

Does it mean that I and my daughter are now eligible to work even if our I-765 (working permit) and I-485 (for green card) are still pending?

I'd really appreciate your help on this.

We are hoping that the green card or working permit will arrive this august since we have had our biometrics last July 7 and we have not received any RFE (request for evidence) before we have had our biometrics.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X