No announcement yet.

Moving to a different state while waiting for I-485 interview to be scheduled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to a different state while waiting for I-485 interview to be scheduled

Hi,
    I am so glad I found this forum! So much useful information here. However, I haven't seen too many posts for experiences regarding I-485 application for parents.

So I decided to share our experience and also ask couple questions at the end.

FYIs:
    We filed I-130 and I-485 concurrently my mom, who lives with us.
    Our local field office is in Seattle.

Here's the timeline of events:

25 Apr 2015 - Receipt notice for I-130 and I-485
    29 May 2015 - Biometrics appt
    8 June 2015 - USCIS requested to submit add'l info about sponsors
    10 June 2015- mailed requested info to Chicago as instructed
    6 July 2015 - Online status update: "As of July 6, 2015, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice"

No status changes since July 6. It's 28 August today.

Our local field office in Seattle, WA is currently working on I-485 cases from October 2014. This means that my mom's priority date is still 5-6 months out before her interview will be scheduled.

Here's the situation that we are trying to make a decision on:
    Our family moved to San Diego, CA for work and we are now trying to decide between two options for my mother:

1) My mom should move to San Diego with us and apply for AR-11 and goes through address change. That means her case file will be transferred to San Diego field office that is currently working on cases from December 2014, i.e. 3 month ahead of Seattle (!!!)

OR

2) My mother should stay in Seattle until she has her interview there in about 5-6 months?

The questions are:
    - Will the change of address cause any delays for the interview if it's still few months out?
    - May this mean her interview will be scheduled sooner in San Diego vs. Seattle (if she stayed)?

We will really appreciate any advice.

Many thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X