Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-325a need help with - Applicants residence last five years question

Hi there everyone.

I am a VWP'er, an overstayer and a last minute marriage-er.

I've had a pretty transient lifestyle up until now, so the last five years is a long time for me. I'd work, travel, work, travel, work etc. Needless to say, I had to attach a supplement page to this form to be able to fit it all in (residence/employment last five yrs Q's). During these travel times I used my parents address as my base address for a lot of things, so at present I have filled out the residence question allocating my parents address as my address for the months I was traveling (the other months I have fixed address' for where I was staying while working). So it kinda looks like this:

working address
    parents address
    working address
    working address
    parents address
    etc.

Is that the right way to do it? This was all in Australia if that makes any difference.

Also, doing it this way correlates with the next question on employment, because each period of no employment (wrote down "none" and "traveling" under occupation if thats right?) correlates back to my residence address' as being my parents address each time.

Thats my logic to it anyway. If anyone can confirm that I'm doing it the wrong or right way that would be awesome.

In extension to that. I came to the US on the VWP, I stayed with my partner doing things mostly around her parents house and their holiday house (so staying between the two). Would I put one of their US address' down for the past 3months I've been in the US or would I put my parents address down. For all intensive purposes I was "traveling" as far as I was concerned during this period. So at the moment I have put down my parents address for all of this period up until the point we got married. Then I changed my address to the US. Is that the right/wrong way?

I may be splitting hairs here I'm not sure, but any clarification/assurance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Why not just use you parents address as long as you collect or direct your mails there.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryH View Post
      Why not just use you parents address as long as you collect or direct your mails there.
      Hi Mary,

Well yes, I have used my parents address. And I am comfortable using that because that is where my mail goes. But I guess my other question is probably the more important one; whether it is acceptable to use my parents address for the time I have been in the US? Would the USCIS like to see the address or address' I stayed at in the US or would it be better to use my parents address here, e.g.

parents address 04/2015 - 07/2015
      current US address 08/2015 - current

So if anyone out there has come here on a VWP, what did you put here? Your address where you came from? or the US address you stayed at while visiting?

Thanks again for any help

Comment

I might not understand you totally, to be able to help you make your decision but just be truthful.
        I wouldn't count any place you may have just visited, for a period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryH View Post
          I might not understand you totally, to be able to help you make your decision but just be truthful.
          I wouldn't count any place you may have just visited, for a period of time.
          I am sorry to hijack this trend. I just have a question about filling the form i-130 and form G-325A. It says don't repeat the same information on the forms. What if i just fill up everything, will that be a problem.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X