bonifide marriage help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bonifide marriage help

hi were trying to apply for aos and send in our initial I-130 and Ead,, I keep reading mixed things, am i required to send in proof of bonifide marriage when i send in our packet,, if i havent been married in last five years? i married my wife while she was on a tourist visa so obviously we dont have any joint assets yet,, were really confused on this part

you do not need to submit evidence of relationship (other than copy of a marriage cert) when submitting I-485 and I-130 together.

If your I-130 is submitted by itself, however, evidence of relationship is specified in the form instructions.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by jnk View Post
      you do not need to submit evidence of relationship (other than copy of a marriage cert) when submitting I-485 and I-130 together.

If your I-130 is submitted by itself, however, evidence of relationship is specified in the form instructions.

Im confused i read through the uscis instructions of filing the i-130 where it asks to provide proof of bonifide marriage, but cannot find where it says its not needed if I submit the I-485 together

Comment

Not true, it does not say that if filed concurrently you do not need to provide this proof. You must follow instructions for each form regardless of concurrent filing or not. Provide bonafide proof with your packet to avoid any questions/delays. Its better to provide everything they ask for then to not. Gather a few photos, add her to your bank account and provide a statement showing she is on it, add her to your utility bills etc.
        Marriage-based AOS- CHICAGO Concurrent filing
        08/26/2015 - Priority Date
        09/21/2015 - Biometrics Scheduled/Completed
        01/07/2016 - Interview Chicago Field Office
        03/27/2018 - Notice of Intent to Deny
        04/13/2018 - Submitted Rebuttal to NOID
        06/00/2018 - Received Approved I-130
        06/00/2018 - RFE received for updated Medical Exam
        06/12/2018 - Submitted updated Medical Exam
        07/02/2018 - Received Approval for I485
        07/06/2018 - Received Green Card in Mail

Comment

Thanks for the link Jnk. It sounds more like a technicality by preference more than anything. Of course, it is essential to bring the evidence with to the interview regardless of providing it beforehand. As mentioned the evidence LIKELY wont even be reviewed when sending it in with the packet, and I have even heard some evidence not even being reviewed in the interviews. I think it all just depends on who is processing your case. You wont get an RFE if you dont submit the bonafide evidence with your packet, but it does state in the instructions to submit this documentation. So why not send it just in case?
          Marriage-based AOS- CHICAGO Concurrent filing
          08/26/2015 - Priority Date
          09/21/2015 - Biometrics Scheduled/Completed
          01/07/2016 - Interview Chicago Field Office
          03/27/2018 - Notice of Intent to Deny
          04/13/2018 - Submitted Rebuttal to NOID
          06/00/2018 - Received Approved I-130
          06/00/2018 - RFE received for updated Medical Exam
          06/12/2018 - Submitted updated Medical Exam
          07/02/2018 - Received Approval for I485
          07/06/2018 - Received Green Card in Mail

Comment

That's correct. If you have you can submit.
            This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by bakersolay View Post
              hi were trying to apply for aos and send in our initial I-130 and Ead,, I keep reading mixed things, am i required to send in proof of bonifide marriage when i send in our packet,, if i havent been married in last five years? i married my wife while she was on a tourist visa so obviously we dont have any joint assets yet,, were really confused on this part
              im in the same situation its difficult to find proof espcially if your person isnt in the country i found it but i have been able to open up a bank account just needed to send a paper through the mail for her to sign its only thing i have been able to do if its any help to you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X