Complicated Situation : I need your help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complicated Situation : I need your help

My husband is American. Our daughter is too.

We are married for three years and been together for six years. We met in Sweden, got married in Belgium, had our daughter in Chile and now live in Chile and USA (moving between two homes(chile/usa) for several months of the year due to his job). Right now we are back in the US and we are thinking of applying for a marriage-based greencard for me.

We have two concerns :

1. Domicile : He has not lived in the US permanently for the past 5 years. Although very strong ties here (his entire family, and we have come here for 5-7 months of the year for the past two years). But still no permanent address (although his bank letters etc go to his mom's address). How can we present this to immigration? What do we do about him not having a permanent address here?

2. Income : His is not paid in USA but in Chile and in a different currency. He has no income in USA. We have sent funds here for bills etc for years now and continue to pay non-income taxes when we visit here for several months of the year. How will this income situation affect the application?

You are welcome to send me a PM with ANY advice you can offer as well.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X