Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card holder want to marry my girlfriend on visitors visa in the usa

hello
    i am new to this forum.i am a green card holder,permanent resident,my girlfriend and i have been together for 5 years,she just came here on vacation with a visitors visa,i proposed to her and we are getting married in 2 weeks.
    i would like to know how we can change her status from visitor to resident because i cannot live away from her anymore and i want her to stay.
    i will welcome all the advises and also the procedure and the length of the procedure..
    thank you

B1/B2 visas are NON-IMMIGRANT category visas which means your INTENT is to come for a specific time frame to the USA and then LEAVE without engaging in ANY fraudulent activities.

Entering under Tourist Visa and then marrying with intentions of having a US registry of your marriage simply STATES that at your interview at the US Embassy or US consulate at your home country when you applied for your B1/B2, YOU LIED about your intentions at the time or future ones. Your

ALSO, unless you are a US citizen you will not be able to adjust her status and get green card.

This link will be helpful,
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X