Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife's i-94 expiring

Good morning members,

I have recently got married, and I am worried about one thing. She came here on a B-2 visa, and her i-94 is expiring on January 1st. We have completed all the forms needed for adjustment of status; however, we are still gathering documents, such as bills etc. for the application to be complete. I am afraid we won't be able to submit the application prior to her I-94 expiration. I have hired a lawyer, but to say the least, I am not exactly happy with the responses I am receiving from her. After I finally was able to ask her a question, she said it will not be a problem, even if her I-94 expires, because of our marriage. I am not sure, if I am 100% confident with that, and wanted to see if what she tells me is correct. Looking forward to all the input I can get.

Thank you all in advance.

Originally posted by kubinha View Post
    Good morning members,

I have recently got married, and I am worried about one thing. She came here on a B-2 visa, and her i-94 is expiring on January 1st. We have completed all the forms needed for adjustment of status; however, we are still gathering documents, such as bills etc. for the application to be complete. I am afraid we won't be able to submit the application prior to her I-94 expiration. I have hired a lawyer, but to say the least, I am not exactly happy with the responses I am receiving from her. After I finally was able to ask her a question, she said it will not be a problem, even if her I-94 expires, because of our marriage. I am not sure, if I am 100% confident with that, and wanted to see if what she tells me is correct. Looking forward to all the input I can get.

Thank you all in advance.
    She is not safe after the expiration but it takes at least a few months for ICE to track down tourists that did not leave at the I 94 expiration. So if you submit her AOS package even in a couple months you would be fine. But why don't you just submit now? really you do not need the lawyer and documents can be gathered very fast. If there are some docs that you cannot produce now you can take it to the interview. As long as you have marriage certificate and other main docs like birth certificate, proof of US citizenship and sponsorship docs you should be fine.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X