Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else is waiting for a response after AOS Green Card Interview and for how long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by helpmylife View Post
    Interview January 7th, no updates yet. Chicago was our office. The officer was very friendly and even small talked with us. We felt it went great, didnt ask any crazy questions and kept us together. We were expecting an instant approval however, she said she was going to work on our file that day if she had time and we would hear soon. Im kind of confused on how some get immediate stamps in the passport and others are just recommended for approval. Maybe theyre newbies in the immigration system and need to send to a supervisor? Either way, I hate waiting as it keeps us on our toes for wayyyyy too long.

ugh.. Cant wait until all this waiting is over!
    I had mine today, it was a nice guy. he said card should take 2 weeks. Been waiting for an update but not getting one online. Killing me..... Also in Chicago.

Comment

Interview I-485

I did my interview January 21,2016 in Georgia and I got my approval letter on spot and was told the card should arrive in the mail in 2 weeks.

Comment

3 months since AOS interview and still no response

Hi guys,

My wife and I had our AOS interview on October 20th 2015 at the Philadelphia office and as of today we still haven't received any notice as far as the status of the case is concerned. I tried using the USCIS status check on their website and the status still shows that " your interview is scheduled". They haven't updated it since September 2015. We had hired an attorney and a couple days back he inquired about my case with USCIS and he was told that the case is still under review. He feels that the longer the case takes, higher the chances of it being handed over to FDNS in which case it could take up to a year for any decision to be made. Not sure what the processing time generally is but this is beginning to concern us. Any thoughts? At this point anything would help. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by aur148 View Post
          Hi guys,

My wife and I had our AOS interview on October 20th 2015 at the Philadelphia office and as of today we still haven't received any notice as far as the status of the case is concerned. I tried using the USCIS status check on their website and the status still shows that " your interview is scheduled". They haven't updated it since September 2015. We had hired an attorney and a couple days back he inquired about my case with USCIS and he was told that the case is still under review. He feels that the longer the case takes, higher the chances of it being handed over to FDNS in which case it could take up to a year for any decision to be made. Not sure what the processing time generally is but this is beginning to concern us. Any thoughts? At this point anything would help. Thanks.
          My case is similar to yours. I had my interview in October 15th and no update yet.. The only update I got so far is INTERVIEW IS COMPLETED AND CASE MUST BE REVIEWED. My I-130 hasn't been updated yet since April 2015... What's the update on your I-130(Petition for Alien Relative)?
          Tuna

Comment

Hope this helps. I went for my Marriage based interview January 14th and the interview officer was very nice and didnt ask much questions. He told us we were approved verbally but we didnt get any online update. I was very worried and checked like 50times a day for updates. Finally a week after it changed to Card Production and 2 days later, Card Mailed. January 28th i received the card. Be patient, the wait is worth it. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Adibi View Post
              I had mine today, it was a nice guy. he said card should take 2 weeks. Been waiting for an update but not getting one online. Killing me..... Also in Chicago.
              Did you hear about your result yet? How long after your interview did you hear about the result? I also had interview at Chicago yesterday and the IO didn't say anything about approval at the office. He said his supervisor needs to make a decision. I haven't got any online update. The wait is killing me

Thanks

Comment

Did you hear about your result yet? If yes how long after your interview did you hear about the result? I also had interview at Chicago yesterday and the IO didn't say anything about approval at the office. He said his supervisor needs to make a decision. I haven't got any online update. The wait is killing me

Thanks

Comment

worries...worries,worries

Had my interview in houston tx 29th oct. IO calls me a few hours later stating she cannot approve case based on evidence provided, she told us that she needs us to use our joint acct in paying more bills - she said she will send us rfe and we should respond within 87 days & that should give us more time to use joint acct as i only just got employed at the time of the interview. I sent response jan 5th and was delivered same day. I haven't heard anything yet, no update, no response package was received. This is giving me cause for concern. Anyone has any Idea what could be going on? What should we expect?

Comment

Houston office

Any idea how long does the Houston, Tx office takes to schedule and process I485 interviews? In my case, its been a month but I still have not received interview date notice.

Thanks

Comment

Did you try to contact your Senator/congressman? They can help you inquire about your case

Hi guys,

Comment

Interviewed on 2/10/16 @ Baltimore Field Office

Hello, my wife and I went for the marriage interview at the Baltimore Field Office and everything seemed to be going fine but in the end the officer gave us a document stating that the file is held for further review which may take up to 120 days. The officer asked for my passport but did not write anything on it. Is there a reason for concern? The questions he asked were pretty basic, date of birth, current address, names of siblings and parents of the spouse. A bunch of yes/no questions from Form 485. After that I gave him a bunch of documents and handed him the photo album, he only took like 3 pictures from it.

Obviously now I am just freaking out a little bit. Maybe someone out there with a similar experience can shed some light into the matter.

Thanks

Comment

Interviewed 3/08/16 at Boston Office

Hi everyone,

My husband and had our interview at the Boston office on 3/8/16 for his adjustment of status. Interview went okay, although we were separated (I went first, then husband joined me) and the IO was not friendly and grilled me for about 20 minutes. At the end of the interview he said he would most likely approve my husband, but that he'd need to do further background checks. He did not stamp his passport, but took a copy of his I-94 and EAD. I have a feeling it's going to be long wait now for approval...

Comment

Still Nothing..

Originally posted by itwillbeok13 View Post
                            Did you try to contact your Senator/congressman? They can help you inquire about your case
                            Just wanted to update. Its been 5 months since our interview and still no word from USCIS. Absolutely nothing, no letter, no notice, nothing. The online status still shows, "Your interview is scheduled" back from Sep 2015. So I finally decided to make an infopass appointment. Its this Wednesday. Will let you guys know how that goes. Anybody else have any luck?

Comment

?

Just wanted to update. Its been 5 months since our interview and still no word from USCIS. Absolutely nothing, no letter, no notice, nothing. The online status still shows, "Your interview is scheduled" back from Sep 2015. So I finally decided to make an infopass appointment. Its this Wednesday. Will let you guys know how that goes. Anybody else have any luck?
                              How was your infopass appointment? Whats the reason that it took too long ?

Comment

Originally posted by miami View Post
                                Lets discuss how long who has been waiting for there green card or the approval of the green card since our interviews. I will start by mine. I had mine on Dec 3rd in Miami and so far nothing. On case updates online it still says the interview has been scheduled. Please make sure to let every one know in this thread that which location you applied from and when was the interview date. Also, lets keep this thread updated as we get our green cards ! we are all waiting !
                                HI,
                                did you get your GC? What did you do within this time?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X