Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else is waiting for a response after AOS Green Card Interview and for how long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you had any update? My case is also at San Bernardino office and my application was received 11/18/15 and we haven't heard anything on interview. Work permit was received February, but nothing on green card.
    Last edited by Tnajera; 05-13-2016, 02:18 AM.

Comment

HI,

I've been waiting since my interview on March, 29th 2016. So far I didn't hear any news. Shall I schedule infopass?

Comment

WE HAD OUR INTERVIEW 2 YEARS AGO!! Second interview is schedule next week! Help??

Hi,

we had our interview 2 years ago. The separated us! It went fine. The lady said that we will receive a notice. that was 2 years ago. We send a few info passes and they finally sent us a letter last week but the letter was not what we expected! They asked us to come for an initial interview. The initial interview was 2 years ago.

What to expect? We don't know what is going to happen? Are we having a second interview or stoke interview?? Please any help will be very much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by mika84 View Post
          HI,

I've been waiting since my interview on March, 29th 2016. So far I didn't hear any news. Shall I schedule infopass?
          did they approved yor i 130?

Comment

Originally posted by Caglar Korkmaz View Post
            did they approved yor i 130?
            No, they didn't. During the interview IO told that we would hear the answer withing few weeks and that is it. So far, we haven't received anything, no calls, no REFs, no anything. I'm really anxious.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by bou17 View Post
            Hi,

we had our interview 2 years ago. The separated us! It went fine. The lady said that we will receive a notice. that was 2 years ago. We send a few info passes and they finally sent us a letter last week but the letter was not what we expected! They asked us to come for an initial interview. The initial interview was 2 years ago.

What to expect? We don't know what is going to happen? Are we having a second interview or stoke interview?? Please any help will be very much appreciated.
            Usually, if you are invited for the 2nd interview be ready for stokes interview and be ready for the tough one. Usually IOs will push you to admit fraud marriage. That info based on experience of other ppl on this and other forums. SO, if i were you I'd spent definetly several days just learning everything about the house, relatives, important dates and holidays. Anyway, good luck, please keep us posted.

Comment

Hey Mika
              I was almost in the same shoes with you without any info until after 10months when USCIS Officers came to my house for inspection and my I 130 was approved ..after that I was asked for some RFE immediately and biometrics which I submitted 2 days later with March 2016 as my deadline..I waited but no response and the frustration could not make me sit and just think about it rather I decided to make 2 info passes asking them serious questions which I made up on my own after reading online .it was the 2nd infopass that made me get a letter I the mail for a second Interview .My heart sank most especially when I read online about a 2nd interview ( stokes ). nevertheless, my wife and I got prepared and studied very hard to the little details we never cared about. on the said date, we got there and eventually saw the IO who took 1hr 30mins before we were called in. i was asked some few questions about where I was from and later my wife was separated from me. after 25mins of questions, she called in my wife and congratulated us that we should expect the card in the mail that she was impressed with our marital status. just maybe you might be able to give more information relating to your case like what happened during the first interview? how your husband/wife got into the country in the first place? do the both of you actually live together? have the beneficiary ever been arrested? how many months have the both of you filed tax jointly? what type of document proves to show that you guys both have things in common like: life insurance, health, car insurance, joint bank account with last 6months - 1 year activity if asked?
              All these we made available when asked and some document were not even looked at but our preparation was exact.i do not mean to ask questions that you might consider rude but to the purpose of more information, I would suggest you look closely into these things believing the IO who looks at all of these will by some means look into your case positively. Its just my opinion ..God bless

Houston Filer

Comment

Originally posted by cuten View Post
                Hey Mika
                I was almost in the same shoes with you without any info until after 10months when USCIS Officers came to my house for inspection and my I 130 was approved ..after that I was asked for some RFE immediately and biometrics which I submitted 2 days later with March 2016 as my deadline..I waited but no response and the frustration could not make me sit and just think about it rather I decided to make 2 info passes asking them serious questions which I made up on my own after reading online .it was the 2nd infopass that made me get a letter I the mail for a second Interview .My heart sank most especially when I read online about a 2nd interview ( stokes ). nevertheless, my wife and I got prepared and studied very hard to the little details we never cared about. on the said date, we got there and eventually saw the IO who took 1hr 30mins before we were called in. i was asked some few questions about where I was from and later my wife was separated from me. after 25mins of questions, she called in my wife and congratulated us that we should expect the card in the mail that she was impressed with our marital status. just maybe you might be able to give more information relating to your case like what happened during the first interview? how your husband/wife got into the country in the first place? do the both of you actually live together? have the beneficiary ever been arrested? how many months have the both of you filed tax jointly? what type of document proves to show that you guys both have things in common like: life insurance, health, car insurance, joint bank account with last 6months - 1 year activity if asked?
                All these we made available when asked and some document were not even looked at but our preparation was exact.i do not mean to ask questions that you might consider rude but to the purpose of more information, I would suggest you look closely into these things believing the IO who looks at all of these will by some means look into your case positively. Its just my opinion ..God bless

Houston Filer
                Thanks for sharing your story.
                My story a little bit complicated. I've been married for 11 years to US citizen. I applied for GC initially 9 years ago and got one on the spot. After that I removed conditions. But due to health issues left USA to undergo treatment in my home country. Because of my prolong stay, which was more than 1 year, I've lost residency. I've tried to reapply for reentry permit, but was denied. After that I came on B-1 visa and applied again for GC. Currently me and my wife we don't live together, as I attend University in different state.
                My interview after return: We went together with lawyer, interview went smooth, even though i was really nervous. IO asked basic questions, didn't separate us. We don't have at the moment many papers, only the ones when we used to live together. Those we filed prior interview.
                Taxes, Bills, copy of Driving licences (same address), letters of evidence from friends, bank account, travel documents (proof that we visit each other) etc. During the interview IO officer took all the recent pictures i brought and all other documents. IO told that we would get results in the mail within few weeks.
                About criminal record and arrests, i've never been arrested, but i was charge with misdemeanor and later the charges were dropped and record cleared.

In my case I don't think that IOs will come to either my place or hers, but they might call for the 2nd interview. I don't worry about that, I concern about the time it takes and waiting. I just want to somehow to facilitate the process, but not to push IOs.

Comment

We applied in August 26th of last year, had our interview on January 7th 2016. Online processing times show they should have processed our 485 application by now but no updates have been sent. I called yesterday and they gave me a hard time since I am the petitioner and my wife wasnt readily next to me to give them permission to speak with me, which is rather odd considering as I mentioned I am the one petitioning for my wifes residence. Anyways, after speaking with him, he couldnt tell me why its taking longer and just said sometimes they can take longer for whatever reasons. He said he didnt see anything wrong with our case etc. However, we have never received an RFE or anything throughout this process, so now we are getting a little anxious considering we should have heard something by now.
                  Marriage-based AOS- CHICAGO Concurrent filing
                  08/26/2015 - Priority Date
                  09/21/2015 - Biometrics Scheduled/Completed
                  01/07/2016 - Interview Chicago Field Office
                  03/27/2018 - Notice of Intent to Deny
                  04/13/2018 - Submitted Rebuttal to NOID
                  06/00/2018 - Received Approved I-130
                  06/00/2018 - RFE received for updated Medical Exam
                  06/12/2018 - Submitted updated Medical Exam
                  07/02/2018 - Received Approval for I485
                  07/06/2018 - Received Green Card in Mail

Comment

Originally posted by helpmylife View Post
                    We applied in August 26th of last year, had our interview on January 7th 2016. Online processing times show they should have processed our 485 application by now but no updates have been sent. I called yesterday and they gave me a hard time since I am the petitioner and my wife wasnt readily next to me to give them permission to speak with me, which is rather odd considering as I mentioned I am the one petitioning for my wifes residence. Anyways, after speaking with him, he couldnt tell me why its taking longer and just said sometimes they can take longer for whatever reasons. He said he didnt see anything wrong with our case etc. However, we have never received an RFE or anything throughout this process, so now we are getting a little anxious considering we should have heard something by now.
                    Hello Helpmy life,

We are in the same situation, nothing for 9 months now, and each time we call we get the same info. I am hoping for some change soon. I was thinking to go to the office, but I am not sure if I have to bring my husband with me in order to get answers, because like you said when you call they want them to be on the line, otherwise no info is given. Very frustrating is that wait time, and I think that maybe they do not work in the order received, otherwise why so long?

Comment

So i had my interview march 30th and since then there is no decision yet, went to local office to ask what is wrong with my case.
                      my i-130 was approved on spot but i-485 is still initial review.
                      The officer told me that my background check has not been completed yet they resubmit my fingerprints to FBI once again, i have been told to wait but there is nothing that anybody can do anything regarding my situation.
                      I don't even have traffic ticket how come my background check takes so long,did not make any sense. what i think it is because of my country/religion. because there is no explanation.

I hope you guys best luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ella Howard View Post
                        Ok thanks please update once you getter GC. I Will do the same.
                        Today I received a text message saying my USCIS case status has been updated. When I logged in to my account, it said the card had been delivered to my mailbox. I am so happy and grateful. The wait is finally over.

(NYC October 2015 filer)

Comment

Same soup

Am in the same soup after waiting one year they now telling me they sent me an RFE that's ridiculous. You can read more of my story on my timeline.
                          So frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by pk81 View Post
                            Any idea how long does the Houston, Tx office takes to schedule and process I485 interviews? In my case, its been a month but I still have not received interview date notice.

Thanks
                            9 -12 months

Comment

Originally posted by mika84 View Post
                              Thanks for sharing your story.
                              My story a little bit complicated. I've been married for 11 years to US citizen. I applied for GC initially 9 years ago and got one on the spot. After that I removed conditions. But due to health issues left USA to undergo treatment in my home country. Because of my prolong stay, which was more than 1 year, I've lost residency. I've tried to reapply for reentry permit, but was denied. After that I came on B-1 visa and applied again for GC. Currently me and my wife we don't live together, as I attend University in different state.
                              My interview after return: We went together with lawyer, interview went smooth, even though i was really nervous. IO asked basic questions, didn't separate us. We don't have at the moment many papers, only the ones when we used to live together. Those we filed prior interview.
                              Taxes, Bills, copy of Driving licences (same address), letters of evidence from friends, bank account, travel documents (proof that we visit each other) etc. During the interview IO officer took all the recent pictures i brought and all other documents. IO told that we would get results in the mail within few weeks.
                              About criminal record and arrests, i've never been arrested, but i was charge with misdemeanor and later the charges were dropped and record cleared.

In my case I don't think that IOs will come to either my place or hers, but they might call for the 2nd interview. I don't worry about that, I concern about the time it takes and waiting. I just want to somehow to facilitate the process, but not to push IOs.
                              Hi,
                              just quick update on my story. Today I went for infopass and spoke to a nice lady. She checked my case and told me that it is still sitting on my interviewer's table without any updates. Background check has been received. She told me that she would write to supervisor asking for update. Has anyone been in the same situation and what to expect?

Comment

Awaiting decision since Dec. 22nd 2015

As of May 17, 2016, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SR118...2MSC, is currently not assigned for processing. This is what i got from USCIS after interview on Dec 22. 2015 and interview went well, kindly advise what to do or is there anyone who has been in this situation should kindly advise through this forum. Our marriage is 20 months old now. Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X