Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

after filing AOS(I485), is councelor processing required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after filing AOS(I485), is councelor processing required?

I am currently a US citizen and I am filing for my wife who is ALREADY IN USA via F1 visa. I have filed I485 and paid all the fees and just waiting for that. In the meantime I am getting mails from NVC to Pay the IV fee for counselor processing ($325). I already started payment for that. But now I think this is not required as she is already here. I was planning to ask for refund and opt out from counselor processing.

Please suggest

Nikhil

If you are adjusting status in the U.S., you don't have to proceed with NVC and Consular processing. You won't get a refund for any fees you paid to the NVC. This is not like shopping at Macy's.

--Ray B.

Originally posted by nik_hil87 View Post
    I am currently a US citizen and I am filing for my wife who is ALREADY IN USA via F1 visa. I have filed I485 and paid all the fees and just waiting for that. In the meantime I am getting mails from NVC to Pay the IV fee for counselor processing ($325). I already started payment for that. But now I think this is not required as she is already here. I was planning to ask for refund and opt out from counselor processing.

Please suggest

Nikhil

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X