Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 pending- delay

Hi guys,

I filed my I-485 case (EB2 through NIW) in May 2015 (Nebraska), my priority date is Dec-17-2014, my nationality is Iran. I did the fingerprints in June-2015 and received EAD and AP combo card after a few weeks. I see that usual process time for this center is 4 months but my case is still pending after passing more than 7 months!

I contacted them two times by phone. Once I was told that my case was pre-adjudicated and waiting for availability of a visa number. The second time, in December, when I contacted them I received the following answer: "U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show that your case is currently pending adjudication. However, we have had to perform additional reviews on your case, and this has caused a longer processing time". As you see the 2nd time they even didn't mention anything about being pre-adjudicated.

I am very worried about it. I will appreciate if you guys could share your experiences if you were in a similar situation.

Thanks.

I-485 pending- delay

Originally posted by hdgreen View Post
    Hi guys,

I filed my I-485 case (EB2 through NIW) in May 2015 (Nebraska), my priority date is Dec-17-2014, my nationality is Iran. I did the fingerprints in June-2015 and received EAD and AP combo card after a few weeks. I see that usual process time for this center is 4 months but my case is still pending after passing more than 7 months!

I contacted them two times by phone. Once I was told that my case was pre-adjudicated and waiting for availability of a visa number. The second time, in December, when I contacted them I received the following answer: "U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show that your case is currently pending adjudication. However, we have had to perform additional reviews on your case, and this has caused a longer processing time". As you see the 2nd time they even didn't mention anything about being pre-adjudicated.

I am very worried about it. I will appreciate if you guys could share your experiences if you were in a similar situation.

Thanks.

Hello dear,
    I am in a same condition, I applied for Employment-Based GC (EB2) in Aug 2015 and am Iranian. I received my EAD card and AP in Nov. My case for I-485 have not been updated since finger print (Aug). I am concerned too. Hope this week something will happen for us!
    Please continue updating.
    Regards

Comment

Originally posted by GC78 View Post
      Hello dear,
      I am in a same condition, I applied for Employment-Based GC (EB2) in Aug 2015 and am Iranian. I received my EAD card and AP in Nov. My case for I-485 have not been updated since finger print (Aug). I am concerned too. Hope this week something will happen for us!
      Regards
      A few days ago I got an InfoPass appointment and went to an USCIS center. The officer there had basically no more information about the case than me! I was just told that it is pending and I have to wait more. I was told that in the system there is even no sign of being previously pre-adjudicated! Very strange! Please update if you guys receive any news.
      Thanks.

Comment

Thanks

A few days ago I got an InfoPass appointment and went to an USCIS center. The officer there had basically no more information about the case than me! I was just told that it is pending and I have to wait more. I was told that in the system there is even no sign of being previously pre-adjudicated! Very strange! Please update if you guys receive any news.
        Thanks.
        Thanks for updating!
        I do not know this has been happened for how many Iranian people. I hope everyone comes and gives us his/her experience. i don't think it is good idea to go to Iran without GC for norooz
        Hope we get it soon.
        Regards

Comment

Thanks.
          Any update?
          I sent you a message, did you find it?

Comment

Any update?
            I sent you a message, did you find it?
            Unfortunately no updates and still pending! Is there anybody who has a similar situation? Please reply. Thanks.

Comment

New in this step

New in this step
              Submit I 140 (Premium)-I 131- I-765 and I-485 together in TX center, Iranian with EB-2.
              NOA : 1/26/2016
              EAD and AP card mailed on 2/12/2016.
              Fingerprint: 2/18/2016
              And waiting for I-485,, I got anxious as I read, it will take more than 7 month to get GC !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MGH View Post
                New in this step
                Submit I 140 (Premium)-I 131- I-765 and I-485 together in TX center, Iranian with EB-2.
                And waiting for I-485,, I got anxious as I read, it will take more than 7 month to get GC !!!!
                Don't worry, every case is different and you may get your GC sooner than everyone!
                Case by case is different, I knew some Iranian they received their GC less than 5 months. At this moment, somebodies like us got stuck in this step.
                Hope we hear good news soon.
                Regards

Comment

Hello dear,
                  Regards
                  Any update?

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately no updates and still pending! Is there anybody who has a similar situation? Please reply. Thanks.
                  Any update?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys,

Thanks.

Any Update?

Comment

?

Why "my priority date is Dec-17-2014"? Do you mean that you filed your I-140 on Dec-17-2014?
                    If yes, it was better to file concurrent I-140 and I-485 like me.
                    I did receive my EAD, AP card and waiting for GC !

PERM: June-26-2015
                    I-140,I-485, I-765 and I-131 : Jan-25-2016
                    NOA: Jan-26-2016
                    Fingerprint: Feb-18-2016
                    EAD, AP: Feb-18-2016

Comment

pre-adjudicated

Hi guys,

Thanks.

Hi
                      I got this email from USCIS "USCIS records indicate your application is currently pending and has been pre-adjudicated. Final review by an officer is dependent upon approval of the Form I-140 as well as visa availability based on your category and priority date", What does it mean? Is it a good or bad news? Is it same as you, hdgreen, received before?
                      Regards

Comment

Contact the USCIS office

Hi Dear,

You can contact the USCIS offices and ask the question why you are in pending list for many days?

They only want to answer about this question

Thanks,

Joel Elwyn

Comment

Did you do I-140 in premium processing? If not, at first they have to have I-140 approved. In premium processing it takes just 15 days to approve.

In USCIS for Nebraska, they told I-485 takes 4 month to be approved.

You told : "my priority date is Dec-17-2014" ,,, what does it mean? Priority date is a date that we submit form for labor certificate? and what is this for? I taught this is just for Mexican, Indian, Chinese to check in Visa Bulletin,, but for others are current.

For Texas, it does not show 4 month! it shows 18 May 2015, it means there is delay. I think this date is for submit I-485 forms ,, not priority dates,,, Am I right?
                          Last edited by MGH; 03-02-2016, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Well, if it makes you feel better mine is in the same situation. I-485 was applied in July, EOD received in October, priority current under EBA-1. Last time I checked with them my case was under clearance process and it was not yet cleared: "an element of the background check process has been initiated in this case; and it is not yet complete". So I'm just waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by MGH View Post
                              New in this step
                              I applied in July and haven't got it yet. case by case is different. Mine was current priority but it faces a clearance which has not been cleared!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X