Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got married on H-1B Denial grace period,

Hi,

in April 2015, my former employer filed i-129 for me, the decision of which was not made until 2/3/2016 - denial.

Luckily, my husband (U.S. Active military member, a citizen) and I were planning to get married back in the end of 2015 and was already planning to do so in Feb.

Things got hold up a bit so we got our marriage certificate early March.

According to my previous attorney who represented my former employer to submit i-129 confirmed that I do have 60 days of grace period.

So I have 3 questions.

1. To prevent being out of status, do I have to "submit" petitions to adjust immigration status (i-130, i-485, etc.) before the end of March 2016, or do I have to "receive" the receipt from USCIS of i-130, i485 are accepted for processing?

2. I heard (But could just be rumor) from someone (alien) whom married a citizen in Marine. She said that for military dependent, once received a military dependent card, she is eligible to stay in the US without being "illegal" or "out of status". Anyone knows if that is true? (I do know that there is some benefits for military personnel)

3. On almost every form that my husband and I have to fill out, they all asked me "Alien number/A-number". I do have an "USCIS#" on my EAD which was already expired in OCT 2015 ( I have stopped working since then , but i was told by the former attorney that I was legally stay to wait for the decision) Should I fill out the A- number section at all or should I just leave it blank? Do i even have an Alien number?

Thank you for you time reading and helping! any information would help!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X