Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Decision After Green Card Interview

Hi everyone,

After submitting my husband's Adjustment of Status paperwork (from F-1 Student Visa to PR) we finally had our interview yesterday at the Boston local office. It went okay, although the officer first had me come into the room separately and grilled me for about 20 minutes. He seemed suspicious because my husband and I lived separately (although only a 5 minute drive away) for about 6 months due to money issues (we wanted to save money to buy a house). I was living at my mother's house in order to pay off my student loans and credit card debt, and he was living with roommates. Regardless, we live together now at my mother's house.

After questioning me, the officer brought in my husband (I was in the room) and only asked him a few questions. He took his passport (From Turkey), EAD, and I-94 and made copies.

After the interview, he did not make a decision, but said he would likely approve his green card and that he needed to do additional background checks. He told us he would likely make a decision that day, but we haven't heard anything. He also gave us the speech about the conditional green card and how we would need to renew it, etc. etc. It seemed as if he was going to approve us, but he didn't.

Has anyone else had this experience before? Just curious if we should expect to be waiting days, weeks, or months.

Originally posted by maurab291 View Post
    Hi everyone,

After submitting my husband's Adjustment of Status paperwork (from F-1 Student Visa to PR) we finally had our interview yesterday at the Boston local office. It went okay, although the officer first had me come into the room separately and grilled me for about 20 minutes. He seemed suspicious because my husband and I lived separately (although only a 5 minute drive away) for about 6 months due to money issues (we wanted to save money to buy a house). I was living at my mother's house in order to pay off my student loans and credit card debt, and he was living with roommates. Regardless, we live together now at my mother's house.

After questioning me, the officer brought in my husband (I was in the room) and only asked him a few questions. He took his passport (From Turkey), EAD, and I-94 and made copies.

After the interview, he did not make a decision, but said he would likely approve his green card and that he needed to do additional background checks. He told us he would likely make a decision that day, but we haven't heard anything. He also gave us the speech about the conditional green card and how we would need to renew it, etc. etc. It seemed as if he was going to approve us, but he didn't.

Has anyone else had this experience before? Just curious if we should expect to be waiting days, weeks, or months.
    My interview was on 2nd March and he told me exact that spoke with you !
    Probably in next 2 or 3 days your case will be approve ! Don't worry

Comment

I hope you're right! Unfortunately I've read some horror stories of people whose cases have been stuck in background checks for years...

Comment

I hope you're right! Unfortunately I've read some horror stories of people whose cases have been stuck in background checks for years...
        The wait for years is a thing of the past mostly. Unless you have a very strange hit in the security check, it should be done anytime. Do not stress out probably you will hear from them soon.

Comment

It has been 2 months since my interview(NYC) and no words from them. My PD is June 17 2015. My I130 did not get approved after interview. Should I wait to agents to show up at my apartment? Should I get ready for second interview?

Comment

frustrated

Originally posted by baller View Post
            It has been 2 months since my interview(NYC) and no words from them. My PD is June 17 2015. My I130 did not get approved after interview. Should I wait to agents to show up at my apartment? Should I get ready for second interview?
            I think you should be prepared for 2nd interview if you feel your failure in last interview. We had 1st interview on Oct 5th ans 2nd interview (stokes one) on Oct 21st. Until now we still receive nothing from uscis: no online status update, no notice...nothing . Really stressful. Did you call customer service of uscis?

Comment

Hi everyone,

Hey same thing happened to me too waiting since march, no decision yet.

Comment

Originally posted by thuvu1985 View Post
                I think you should be prepared for 2nd interview if you feel your failure in last interview. We had 1st interview on Oct 5th ans 2nd interview (stokes one) on Oct 21st. Until now we still receive nothing from uscis: no online status update, no notice...nothing . Really stressful. Did you call customer service of uscis?
                I did not. No reason to call. I did not do bad on the first interview. What concerns me is that my I130 is still not approved.

Comment

Interview 11-18-2016 No Decision After AOS interview

Hey fellow November interviewees. Hope we can stick together on this one and keep each other updated. My wife USC and I just had our interview yesterday at the Los Angeles office. We got to the interview on time. Our names were called by a young IO. He was nice and made me feel less nervous (my wife is a tough woman; she wasn't nervous at all Lol). The IO swore us in and then asked for our travel documents, birth certs, wife's divorce cert from previous marriage, and our supporting documents. He started asking me some questions from the application form (usual yes/no questions). He also asked questions like my wife's name, her birthday, our address, ever had kids before, or previously married, and etc. Likewise, asked my wife the same questions and asked name of her ex husband (divorced 2 years ago). He asked when I arrived in the US, I told mistakenly said May 21, 2014. He verified if i meant the 18th (as on my I-94) and I said yes and apologize because I got the dates mixed up. He said no worries as it happens to people He started reviewing our original documents with his own paperwork (cross-examining). Once in awhile, we had random conversation with the IO and he would likewise smile and chat with us as he did intially told us not to be nervous around him. We got to the part wherein he asked for our evidences (supporting docs), we showed him 2 joint bank statements, our dental insurance policy showing both our names, and each of our debit and credit card plastics. We told him we just recently got married, and I haven't receive my EAD card yet but just the approval letter in the mail so I wasn't able to apply for my social as of yet and so my wife couldn't put me on the lease as of now. We did show him our bills some with her name and some under mine that were on the same address to show we live together (like how Timewarner would not let us add two names in one account). We also showed him other random mails that we have both been receiving at the same address. As we were having conversations with him, he didn't have to ask but it was more of like us sharing to him our story. We got to the point, we were telling him about how we got married.
                  ---My wife and I knew each other since college in the Philippines. Since my wife is a USC (born in Saipan), she moved to New York after graduation about 6 years ago. I came to the US 2 years ago under B2 and lived with my aunts and uncles in Washington and helped them at their bakery business. (IO thinks it's fine based on no negative reaction). My wife and I reconnected last year April after having a group convo with friends on fb. We started communicating often, officially dated earlier this year when she visited me in Seattle. My wife moved to LA end of May this year after she was offered a higher paying job. I proposed to her June and we got married August in Washington as my close family were there (as both wife's parents have passed away and her siblings are not in America). Plus, they offered to help us on our intimate wedding (My aunt offered to make our wedding cake for us Lol). After the wedding, I moved in with my wife. He did ask about my parents and I told him that the last thing I know is that they're in Oklahoma (no status). I haven't been talking to my parents (quite a long story). My wife explained to the IO how my parents were towards me. He seemed to understand. He asked us some questions from time to time in the middle of our conversations. He did ask me what my wife's phone number was, and i told him that I honestly haven't memorized it as I can hardly even remember mine.
                  He smiled and said that it's okay. He asked if we have any properties together or vehicles, we told him no because my wife is still learning to drive, and doesn't have a driver's license yet (never had to drive in New York). We also couldn't purchase one under me since I don't have my ssn yet. He politely asked for our IDs. We gave him my wife's New York state id, her recent Cali driver's permit, and my Washington driver's license. He asked us how we go around and we told him not to laugh at us but we Uber Lol. He laughed and said that's the case for some people because he has a cousin who does the same. He then asked to see our photos. We showed him our shutterfly
                  wedding album and I told him my wife toiled to make it. He asked us who were some of the people in the pictures. We told him they were my aunts, uncles and cousins. We also showed him another album with photos of our date outs and pictures with friends and family.
                  Anyway, he asked us to pick out 8-10 photos of us before he stepped outside to make copies of our documents. Here's the thing, my wife only picked one photo of us in college with some friends and the rest were photos of only us. I should have told her to include photos with our other friends and family :'( We gave them to the IO when he came back. He asked us if we had any questions for him. We said no. He then told us to wait for the decision in the mail and give it up to 120 days but we can call if we don't hear of anything 30 days after interview. My wife asked him if this is the process (not getting approval on the spot), and he explained that as of now they just need to review further. My wife kindly told the IO she already booked a ticket for Africa early this year and how we hope I could come with her. He advised us (in a helpful manner) to perhaps look into getting an advance parol if ever (he didn't seem to know much about it as neither did I apply for it).
                  Anyway, he asked us if we had more questions once again. We said none anymore. He walked us out the office and shook our hands.
                  We were really disappointed. We thought that everything went well. No discrepancies in our stories and conversations. He just looked more on what paperworks and documents we had and he somehow gave an impression we lacked more evidence (I hope I'm wrong). I forgot to give him the congratulatory cards sent to us from friends and family on our wedding and some cards we wrote to each other which I had all in one of my folders. Now, I'm also worried because if they pass our case to someone else, my wife did not include photos of us with our other friends and families. Could it also be that I forgot to explain to him that I wasn't able to change my driver's license to Californian because I don't have ssn (you don't necessarily need ssn to get a Washington driver's license).
                  He could also be a new IO and needs approval.
                  To be honest, I really don't know what to expect and I'm worried. I am just now hoping and praying that God would grant us favor and help us in this situation.
                  Hope we get an update/decision soon, and a good one!
                  That's my interview story and situation right now...
                  Hope everyone gets their approval soon as well!

Comment

Any word yet?

My wife and I just had her AOS interview in the LA office this morning. I felt the interview went well, but it was short and he really didn't ask many questions. He looked at some pictures and took a copy of our lease agreement and insurance docs. He said he was requesting another file. He made a copy of my drivers license and her passport. I asked him if he needed anything else from us and he said no. He handed us a piece of paper that said the case was being held for review. That was it. I'm of course a little worried that we didn't provide enough proof or he saw something that concerned him, but I don't understand why he wouldn't have asked for something if there was a question. Have you heard anything since your interview in LA?

Comment

Originally posted by RScott View Post
                      My wife and I just had her AOS interview in the LA office this morning. I felt the interview went well, but it was short and he really didn't ask many questions. He looked at some pictures and took a copy of our lease agreement and insurance docs. He said he was requesting another file. He made a copy of my drivers license and her passport. I asked him if he needed anything else from us and he said no. He handed us a piece of paper that said the case was being held for review. That was it. I'm of course a little worried that we didn't provide enough proof or he saw something that concerned him, but I don't understand why he wouldn't have asked for something if there was a question. Have you heard anything since your interview in LA?

wait for few days... did he say what file he is requesting for?

Comment

Originally posted by cablewyres View Post
                        Hey fellow November interviewees. Hope we can stick together on this one and keep each other updated. My wife USC and I just had our interview yesterday at the Los Angeles office. We got to the interview on time. Our names were called by a young IO. He was nice and made me feel less nervous (my wife is a tough woman; she wasn't nervous at all Lol). The IO swore us in and then asked for our travel documents, birth certs, wife's divorce cert from previous marriage, and our supporting documents. He started asking me some questions from the application form (usual yes/no questions). He also asked questions like my wife's name, her birthday, our address, ever had kids before, or previously married, and etc. Likewise, asked my wife the same questions and asked name of her ex husband (divorced 2 years ago). He asked when I arrived in the US, I told mistakenly said May 21, 2014. He verified if i meant the 18th (as on my I-94) and I said yes and apologize because I got the dates mixed up. He said no worries as it happens to people He started reviewing our original documents with his own paperwork (cross-examining). Once in awhile, we had random conversation with the IO and he would likewise smile and chat with us as he did intially told us not to be nervous around him. We got to the part wherein he asked for our evidences (supporting docs), we showed him 2 joint bank statements, our dental insurance policy showing both our names, and each of our debit and credit card plastics. We told him we just recently got married, and I haven't receive my EAD card yet but just the approval letter in the mail so I wasn't able to apply for my social as of yet and so my wife couldn't put me on the lease as of now. We did show him our bills some with her name and some under mine that were on the same address to show we live together (like how Timewarner would not let us add two names in one account). We also showed him other random mails that we have both been receiving at the same address. As we were having conversations with him, he didn't have to ask but it was more of like us sharing to him our story. We got to the point, we were telling him about how we got married.
                        ---My wife and I knew each other since college in the Philippines. Since my wife is a USC (born in Saipan), she moved to New York after graduation about 6 years ago. I came to the US 2 years ago under B2 and lived with my aunts and uncles in Washington and helped them at their bakery business. (IO thinks it's fine based on no negative reaction). My wife and I reconnected last year April after having a group convo with friends on fb. We started communicating often, officially dated earlier this year when she visited me in Seattle. My wife moved to LA end of May this year after she was offered a higher paying job. I proposed to her June and we got married August in Washington as my close family were there (as both wife's parents have passed away and her siblings are not in America). Plus, they offered to help us on our intimate wedding (My aunt offered to make our wedding cake for us Lol). After the wedding, I moved in with my wife. He did ask about my parents and I told him that the last thing I know is that they're in Oklahoma (no status). I haven't been talking to my parents (quite a long story). My wife explained to the IO how my parents were towards me. He seemed to understand. He asked us some questions from time to time in the middle of our conversations. He did ask me what my wife's phone number was, and i told him that I honestly haven't memorized it as I can hardly even remember mine.
                        He smiled and said that it's okay. He asked if we have any properties together or vehicles, we told him no because my wife is still learning to drive, and doesn't have a driver's license yet (never had to drive in New York). We also couldn't purchase one under me since I don't have my ssn yet. He politely asked for our IDs. We gave him my wife's New York state id, her recent Cali driver's permit, and my Washington driver's license. He asked us how we go around and we told him not to laugh at us but we Uber Lol. He laughed and said that's the case for some people because he has a cousin who does the same. He then asked to see our photos. We showed him our shutterfly
                        wedding album and I told him my wife toiled to make it. He asked us who were some of the people in the pictures. We told him they were my aunts, uncles and cousins. We also showed him another album with photos of our date outs and pictures with friends and family.
                        Anyway, he asked us to pick out 8-10 photos of us before he stepped outside to make copies of our documents. Here's the thing, my wife only picked one photo of us in college with some friends and the rest were photos of only us. I should have told her to include photos with our other friends and family :'( We gave them to the IO when he came back. He asked us if we had any questions for him. We said no. He then told us to wait for the decision in the mail and give it up to 120 days but we can call if we don't hear of anything 30 days after interview. My wife asked him if this is the process (not getting approval on the spot), and he explained that as of now they just need to review further. My wife kindly told the IO she already booked a ticket for Africa early this year and how we hope I could come with her. He advised us (in a helpful manner) to perhaps look into getting an advance parol if ever (he didn't seem to know much about it as neither did I apply for it).
                        Anyway, he asked us if we had more questions once again. We said none anymore. He walked us out the office and shook our hands.
                        We were really disappointed. We thought that everything went well. No discrepancies in our stories and conversations. He just looked more on what paperworks and documents we had and he somehow gave an impression we lacked more evidence (I hope I'm wrong). I forgot to give him the congratulatory cards sent to us from friends and family on our wedding and some cards we wrote to each other which I had all in one of my folders. Now, I'm also worried because if they pass our case to someone else, my wife did not include photos of us with our other friends and families. Could it also be that I forgot to explain to him that I wasn't able to change my driver's license to Californian because I don't have ssn (you don't necessarily need ssn to get a Washington driver's license).
                        He could also be a new IO and needs approval.
                        To be honest, I really don't know what to expect and I'm worried. I am just now hoping and praying that God would grant us favor and help us in this situation.
                        Hope we get an update/decision soon, and a good one!
                        That's my interview story and situation right now...
                        Hope everyone gets their approval soon as well!

we can do nothing but just wait. I know this is very frustrating. I submitted my application yesterday! However my brother also got green card through marriage. His was very smooth . He got his card within 4 months and also his interview was only for abt 15 mins and was approved at the spot

Comment

We just had interview yesterday 1/18/2017. It was nice and relaxed and IO talked about lot of other stories while checking our documents etc. At the end the officer did not really say we are approved, he just said he has everything he needs right now and that he still needs to checks few things like if visa number is available (which I told him I knew PD was current), he said he will mark the case as continue. He gave us paper indicating case is held for review (on that it notes not to contact for status until 120 days). I was disappointed not getting approved on spot. However, this morning case status was updated and it now says New Card Is Being Produced. Subsequently, later same day (today 1/19/17), the status now shows Case was approved. This was in LA downtown office. Hope you have similar experience. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by scorpioz View Post
                            We just had interview yesterday 1/18/2017. It was nice and relaxed and IO talked about lot of other stories while checking our documents etc. At the end the officer did not really say we are approved, he just said he has everything he needs right now and that he still needs to checks few things like if visa number is available (which I told him I knew PD was current), he said he will mark the case as continue. He gave us paper indicating case is held for review (on that it notes not to contact for status until 120 days). I was disappointed not getting approved on spot. However, this morning case status was updated and it now says New Card Is Being Produced. Subsequently, later same day (today 1/19/17), the status now shows Case was approved. This was in LA downtown office. Hope you have similar experience. Good luck.

Congrats

Comment

No decision after green card interview.

Please can anyone help me, I filed my whole paper work:-
                              Feb 5, 2016
                              Received:- Feb 9, 2016
                              I received my EAD already in April
                              My GC interview date:- 01/10/2017
                              . It's been 10days today, no update no mail no email no approval and some people get approved the same day...the officer said I'll hear from them soon after the interview because I asked that why is my passport not stamped and why do I still have my EAD.. he said I should keep the EAD card he said no problem and the interview went smoothly....please help me what can I do...all the paper work is gonna be a year in 1 month time...my EAD, SSN, STATE ID..etc all are almost reach expiration date.. Please help me

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X