Our 485 denied due to failure to appeal for interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our 485 denied due to failure to appeal for interview

i was checking online uscis case status pretty often for updates, so one time it said we were scheduled for i485 interview for march 10th and should receive a notice , but we never received that notice, and called 15 days prior to appointment to let them know why we still havent received it, unfortunately they mailed it to our old address where my husband used to live prior to our marriage (a year ago) (WEST VIRGINIA) and that where they scheduled our interview closest field office which Pittsburgh PA, i dont understand why they would mail it there we have changed his address we used to receive all uscis papers on current address (Atlanta GA). anyway the officer changed our address over the phone gave us a reference number and said we should wait for a notice from our current home state for a letter. The only thing we received so far was address change notice letter. Today March 22nd i check our status and it says our case DENIED !
    i've called them and they suggesting me to schedule an appointment for info pass.(which I did for april 5th)
    Is there a possibility they can have us file it all over ? if they open the case do we have to pay again?
    most frustrating part is his employment card expires on july 13th (ITS also my due date for our baby )
    and last but not least , is there a possibility they can ask him to leave the country? I mean his Employment authorization will be expiring soon!
    PLEASE IM THIS IS SO STRESSING ME OUT

additionally

our 485 ---says on march 22nd, case denied on online status check (we should receive a notice for reason..)
    our 130 ---- says case reopened !on march 22nd !!

Comment

Similar Situation

Hello , could you share any update. I am experiencing the same situation.

Comment

Originally posted by DAR View Post
        Hello , could you share any update. I am experiencing the same situation.
        I would start a new thread with all the information you can provide the forum with. The person who started this one, hasnt been online since 3/2016

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X