I screwed up and filed half of my I-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I screwed up and filed half of my I-485

I don't know what happened for me, but clearly I neglected to properly read the filing instructions for the I-485, and as such failed to include several documents (i.e. birth cert), photos, and even the bloody fee. I sent the incomplete package just a few days ago, and this morning epiphatethically realized my massive blunder.

So now the question is; what do? Can I submit a follow-up package with the missing docs? Do I resubmit the whole thing right away? Do I wait for however-long for my current package to be declined?

Your best bet is to have the missing documents ready so that once you receive the package(bc it will definitely be returned) you can add the missing docs & check and send it right back.

Comment

Originally posted by Thohi View Post
      I don't know what happened for me, but clearly I neglected to properly read the filing instructions for the I-485, and as such failed to include several documents (i.e. birth cert), photos, and even the bloody fee. I sent the incomplete package just a few days ago, and this morning epiphatethically realized my massive blunder.

So now the question is; what do? Can I submit a follow-up package with the missing docs? Do I resubmit the whole thing right away? Do I wait for however-long for my current package to be declined?
      These things happen, luckily it shouldn't mean a black mark on your application but I'm sure those at the USCIS will have a bit if a chuckle at your expense!
      Regardless, wait for the package and see if they give you any hints as to what you require to resubmit. I would take time now to review this site and others for the minimum document requirements but suggest you add as much as you can up front.

Other forms to remember I-864, 1-131, I-765 etc and if filing concurrently the I-130 too.

Comment

One thing I'm worried about is that I'm here on a K-1 fiancé visa, which expires on April 5th; will I get the package back and have time to resubmit? It's cutting it pretty close as it is.

Comment

That would not count hence u married within the 90days....you have nothing to worry abt- just get the missing docs ready.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X