Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Police Report from home country required for i-485?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Police Report from home country required for i-485?

Hello,

I have been in the US for 8 years (3 years in school and 5 years working at a foreign agency). I am adjusting my current status to Green Card due based on marriage with a US citizen. I would like to know if I have to submit a police report (or criminal report) issued by the authority in my country. I have clear report. I don't see many people talk about this but a couple friends said I will need one.

What if I cannot get it because I cannot take any vacation to fly back to my country, I can replace it with something else?

Thank you.

An Adjustment of Status or "conversion" procedure does not normally require police clearances from other countries.

--Ray B

Originally posted by gaminuniverse View Post
    Hello,

I have been in the US for 8 years (3 years in school and 5 years working at a foreign agency). I am adjusting my current status to Green Card due based on marriage with a US citizen. I would like to know if I have to submit a police report (or criminal report) issued by the authority in my country. I have clear report. I don't see many people talk about this but a couple friends said I will need one.

What if I cannot get it because I cannot take any vacation to fly back to my country, I can replace it with something else?

Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X