Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 485 Pending, Expedite on EAD

Hi All,

Does anybody have the same experience with me?
    1/30 - mailed I131/I485/I130/I765 to Chicago
    2/2 -received email and txt notice of case accepted
    2/8 -received mail notice of I797
    2/8 - EAD card expired (applied new card too late, only 1 week before expired)
    3/3 - made fingerprints in LIC, NY office
    3/8 - called customer service ask for EAD expedite (got a pending job offer)
    3/10 - expedite case was accepted and got a referral number (start with T-, end with MSC)
    and I checked the case should be moved to Missouri National Benefits Center
    3/18 - got an RFE mail notice to prove severe financial loss (reason No.1)
    3/21 - faxed my pending job offer with the RFE mail notice
    and I don't hear anything back since then
    3/29 - scheduled an appointment of InfoPass on 4/13 in NY

Is there anything important I should bring or tell to the local office during the InfoPass appointment?
    like a pending job offer, or financial loss of bill statement? (pls hint thanks!!)

Since I don't know how to check my status on an expedite case with my current referral number,
    a wired combination can't be tracked through the 800 CS line.
    If anybody knows how to check the expedite EAD case or have the same experience, welcome to share!!

Thank you.

New update on my case:

4/6 called CS again to check my expedite status, the guy was nice and asked a few questions, and told me "my case is not yet assigned yet". (( I stated my current financial situation again, and later a new referral No. was given for my request of processing my expedite case. In a few hours, I saw my USCIS status changed and got an email said "Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly."

Wait...pray...wait...pray

4/12 Just today...got a txt msg saying "Your case is now updated. Check online..." OMG, I was so nervous cause I was in the subway with very poor signal until the minute I opened my mailbox, saying " new card is being produced" as for my EAD application!!! At the same time, my I-131 travel document is approved!!! Later, all email notice were received.

I just canceled tomorrow's Infopass schedule, seems there is no need to go to the local office.

Hope I will get the card safely and soon. The authorization for employment means a lot to my current situation.

Good luck everyone!!! Thanks the forum with so much useful information provided.

Comment

EAD Expedite

Good Day to you!

I have read your thread and I am hoping you can give me an idea how did you present your expedite request for your EAD.

I filed my I485 (marriage) and applied for EAD and Advance Parole last December 2016. I submitted an expedite request for my EAD today since I have a pending job offer and I wanted to know how did you present this evidence to USCIS?

Would you be so kind to tell me how and what did you write on your cover letter? How did you convince them aside from the job offer letter? I only have the offer letter right now but I've read that there has to be a financial hardship factor as well?

Also- did you request your A/Parole to be expedited or you were just lucky that they included it together with your EAD Card?

Hope to hear from you.

Thank you

Comment

I 485 Withdrawal

Good afternoon,

Could someone kindly assist my in how to file a withdrawal letter in regards to a pending I-485. My husband has to depart very soon and cannot wait for approval of his I 485. Will I be able to file a new petition from the US to adjust his status while he's in his native country. Thanks in advance for your help. Nicola

Comment

I came to United States on F1 visa. My wife is Green Card Holder and she filed I-130 on October 5, 2015 which got Approved on March 5, 2016. I filed for I-485, I-765 and I-131 in October 27, 2016. I-765 and I-131 got approved in Jan, 20017 and Figner Print done in November 25, 2016. My I-485 is still pending. it’s been almost a year since I filled i-485 and still my status online says ‘On October 27, 2016, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status‘
          Anyone with the similar situation?
          My field office is Newark. It’s really very frustrating friends please guide me what should I do!
          I’m still maintaining my F1 Student visa as well.
          Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek Pathak View Post
            I came to United States on F1 visa. My wife is Green Card Holder and she filed I-130 on October 5, 2015 which got Approved on March 5, 2016. I filed for I-485, I-765 and I-131 in October 27, 2016. I-765 and I-131 got approved in Jan, 20017 and Figner Print done in November 25, 2016. My I-485 is still pending. it’s been almost a year since I filled i-485 and still my status online says ‘On October 27, 2016, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status‘
            Anyone with the similar situation?
            My field office is Newark. It’s really very frustrating friends please guide me what should I do!
            I’m still maintaining my F1 Student visa as well.
            Thank You
            This month (October 2017) is the first month for which the Final Action Date chart for F2A has a date later than October 5, 2015. In all previous months, your I-485 could not possibly be approved, because the Final Action Date for F2A had not yet reached your priority date. Now that it's finally possible for it to be approved, hopefully it will be approved soon.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X