Received Request for Evidence!!- Income Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received Request for Evidence!!- Income Question

I am in the process of adjusting my husband's status and last week we received a letter requesting evidence of assets since I did not meet 125% of the poverty guidelines. Last year my income was about $700 short of the guidelines for a household of 4 (only because I was on maternity leave and was off for 4 weeks without pay.) On form I-864 I put my last years income as my current income on the form (now I know we could've put in my current expected income for this year which is far above the income guidelines for a household of 4.) I actually did send them an employment letter with my current salary, not sure why they didn't pay attention to that.

So my question is, although I do have sufficient assets to meet the difference, I also want to include the fact that my current income will also meet the guidelines. USCIS did not ask evidence of my current income, but I feel like I need to include it. Is it appropriate for me to include it?

Thanks for any assistance!
    Laura

Hi Laura,

This happened to me, even though my husband made more than the required 125%. They sent us an RFE so I got an InfoPass to verify what exactly they needed. I was told to send a copy of my husband's W2 as supporting evidence. Once I did that, the case went forward as normal.

So basically they need proof that the petitioner actually makes as much as they put down on the form.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks for the response!

Thanks so much for responding- I also made an appointment with infopass, I have it for tomorrow. I just want to make sure everything goes smoothly, and I submit appropriate evidence! Hopefully all goes well!
      Laura

Comment

Originally posted by lorie1942 View Post
        Thanks so much for responding- I also made an appointment with infopass, I have it for tomorrow. I just want to make sure everything goes smoothly, and I submit appropriate evidence! Hopefully all goes well!
        HEllo. I also experienced the same thing. They send us RFE since my husband did not meet the 125% poverty guideline but in fact his income is more than 100k. We send the latest copy of his W2 and Income tax return and after a week they send me my EAD card

Comment

Originally posted by abbet View Post
          HEllo. I also experienced the same thing. They send us RFE since my husband did not meet the 125% poverty guideline but in fact his income is more than 100k. We send the latest copy of his W2 and Income tax return and after a week they send me my EAD card
          Hello, I received the same RFE to send my wife 2015 IRS form 1040 and letter of employment and 6 months paystub. And have sent it all more than a week now and I check my case it's still says RFE sent on April 18 please how long before I hear from the USCIS and what can I do.
          I'm so worried.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Larry View Post
            Hello, I received the same RFE to send my wife 2015 IRS form 1040 and letter of employment and 6 months paystub. And have sent it all more than a week now and I check my case it's still says RFE sent on April 18 please how long before I hear from the USCIS and what can I do.
            I'm so worried.

Thank you.
            As per the uscis website, the counting will gonna start the process again after they received all the rfe docs. We were just surprised that after a week of rfe docs was received by them, they send the original ead card to me.
            Did you have a tracking number of the rfe docs you sent to them to check if uscis received your docs?
            Where is your filing office? Mine is Chicago but the rfe was sent at Lee Summit, MO

Comment

Originally posted by abbet View Post
              As per the uscis website, the counting will gonna start the process again after they received all the rfe docs. We were just surprised that after a week of rfe docs was received by them, they send the original ead card to me.
              Did you have a tracking number of the rfe docs you sent to them to check if uscis received your docs?
              Where is your filing office? Mine is Chicago but the rfe was sent at Lee Summit, MO
              Yes I have the tracking number and it shows delivered individual picked up as postal facility. Mine was Chicago too and also sent RFE to Lees summit MO.Please how long after yours shows deliver before uscis update your status,mine delivered more than 10 days now and nothing yet on uscis website status still says rfe sent April 18. I'm so worried here.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X