Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same issue with me

Originally posted by gizzel View Post
    First off I'm super frustrated. my wife and I sent the I-485 form and inch thick package via USPS to the USCIS chicago lockbox on 14 Apr 2015. it's now the 27th. That's the 10 day period they said to check back. The thing that worries me is if they recieved it or not because the check still has not been cashed. Does it usually take this long? I just want to know if I should contact the post office too to see if they lost it in transit. My wife is extremely stressed out because she is on a very strict tight timeline. she needs to go back to her country but can't while its processing. Please anyone with some info please help!!
    Hi, Can i please know if you got your e-receipts? and how many days it took for you to get them. It has been 13 days since i submitted my application for correction of incorrect expiry date on my ead due to uscis error and i haven't heard back anything yet. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you,
    nagyen

Comment

Originally posted by nagyen View Post
      Hi, Can i please know if you got your e-receipts? and how many days it took for you to get them. It has been 13 days since i submitted my application for correction of incorrect expiry date on my ead due to uscis error and i haven't heard back anything yet. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you,
      nagyen
      HI nagyen,

The reason we didn't hear anything is because we were missing a page that we did not know had to be included so thankfully they sent it back to us. After we sent it a second time we received notice of them getting it within about two weeks. But this time we also sent it by certified mail so an human being had to sign off on getting it to make sure it doesn't just sit in their box for who knows how long. They told us that we had to wait 10 business days in order to call and ask about the status of the package but they notified us first.

Comment

Originally posted by gizzel View Post
        HI nagyen,

The reason we didn't hear anything is because we were missing a page that we did not know had to be included so thankfully they sent it back to us. After we sent it a second time we received notice of them getting it within about two weeks. But this time we also sent it by certified mail so an human being had to sign off on getting it to make sure it doesn't just sit in their box for who knows how long. They told us that we had to wait 10 business days in order to call and ask about the status of the package but they notified us first.
        Thank you so much for your reply. It's been 21 days now and i havent heard anything from lockbox yet. i sent them couple of emails, yet no response. Hopefully i hear something from them by this week.

Thank you,
        nagyen

Comment

about i-485 with i-130 together

I got the same issued.
          Before, i sent the application for my Mom, sent on Monday, and they updated "Delivered & Signed on Thursday.
          But now i just sent the application for my Spouse on last Monday (April 9th, 2018), but until today when i tracked it just showed "Arrived at the post office". Not even "Ready for Pick up".
          - Do you guys have any advise now? I'm going to go to the post office to ask manager. And will update after lunch.
          I am so worry now. hix.

-----> Updated: I asked the manager at my local USPS, he tried to call the USPS at Chicago but no one pick up the phone.
          He gave me 2 number of Chicago USPS. you can try to call them to verify like me now:

312-692-6120
          312-983-8130 (this number picked up the phone, but so crazy woman, rude)
          ---> next number is 312-983-7544 (for send out the mail to PO box)

good luck all!

Comment

ATTENTION:
            - I updated now. Today 4/20/2018, LockBox of USCIS was charged my check, even USPS still show up "Arrived at Chicago Post office". They did not change to "Ready For Pick Up" or Signature confirmed. even i paid for that $3.
            - It is so crazy. But i am happy when i saw LockBox charged the check, that's mean they take my Application. (i4-85, i-130, i-765). So, you guys HAVE TO send documents with the checks, that's another way we can check when they processing your applications.
            Good luck to you guys.

Originally posted by richard2017 View Post
            I got the same issued.
            Before, i sent the application for my Mom, sent on Monday, and they updated "Delivered & Signed on Thursday.
            But now i just sent the application for my Spouse on last Monday (April 9th, 2018), but until today when i tracked it just showed "Arrived at the post office". Not even "Ready for Pick up".
            - Do you guys have any advise now? I'm going to go to the post office to ask manager. And will update after lunch.
            I am so worry now. hix.

-----> Updated: I asked the manager at my local USPS, he tried to call the USPS at Chicago but no one pick up the phone.
            He gave me 2 number of Chicago USPS. you can try to call them to verify like me now:

312-692-6120
            312-983-8130 (this number picked up the phone, but so crazy woman, rude)
            ---> next number is 312-983-7544 (for send out the mail to PO box)

good luck all!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDaDaddy View Post
              That is a lot of paperwork in your package, like you say most things can be replicated fairly easily just not the transcribed papers. Don't worry too much I think you are going to be fine.
              I too was under the impression that the first thing USCIS would want to do is cash your cheque! That isn't the case as they really do all the cursory checks before getting to the money. If it fails at the first hurdle they send you everything back for you to resubmit once you've corrected the error/s.
              There could be a 2 or 3 day delay in cashing in your cheque compared to the date they accept your application. Just wait for the texts and emails as I do think they will be forthcoming.
              As an aside I know if couples who submitted on the 4th April who are yet to hear anything do there could be a little logjam in Chicago.

Mailed mine April 3rd and haven't received anything yet

Comment

What can i do?

Originally posted by nagyen View Post
                Thank you so much for your reply. It's been 21 days now and i havent heard anything from lockbox yet. i sent them couple of emails, yet no response. Hopefully i hear something from them by this week.

Thank you,
                nagyen

Did you hear anything from them?

23 days for me and apparently it was not scanned. It only shows the date when I took the package to USPS but nothing more after that. I'm so sad about this. WHAT CAN I DO?

Comment

still waiting...

I'm in the same boat.

I sent these forms (I-130,130A,485,864,765,131) with G-1145 to Chicago lockbox on May 15, package was delivered on May 16.

But until today still no notification or mail, and even the money orders not being cashed yet. I called them this morning and being transfered to a higher level officer, she told me I should send an email to the lockbox support and have a check.

Now the email is sent and all i can do is waiting.....

Comment

Same situation with me. Filed I140, I1485, I765 and I131 for me and my wife. The package reached Lewisville, TX on May 15th. So far, no updates. I called USCIS and they said wait for 30 days. I anyways sent an email to the lockbox email, for which I got an automated response about waiting for 30 days after mailing. Let me know if you got any information on yours.

Comment

waiting for receipt over 30 days

Originally posted by newyork11 View Post
                      Mailed mine April 3rd and haven't received anything yet
                      Hi,
                      My attorney sent the packet (AoS, EAD,AP) last may 4, 2018 and until now I havent heard anything from USCIS. I tried calling them last week and told me that they have no record of my name in there system. I informed my attorney and he told me that my packet was sent 100%. So I still need to wait. Any word from you?

Comment

I got the receipts for I1485, I765 and I131 yesterday.

Originally posted by am2352 View Post
                        Same situation with me. Filed I140, I1485, I765 and I131 for me and my wife. The package reached Lewisville, TX on May 15th. So far, no updates. I called USCIS and they said wait for 30 days. I anyways sent an email to the lockbox email, for which I got an automated response about waiting for 30 days after mailing. Let me know if you got any information on yours.

Comment

Same boat here

In a same boat here.

1. lawyer sent AOS package with checks on May 24th via UPS.
                          2. USCIS Dallas lockbox received it on May 25th. No update after that.
                          3. Called up USCIS call center on 6/15 and the case is not in the system yet.
                          4. Sent email to Lockbox Support on 6/18, no update yet. They have a 15 day SLA to respond.

So its more than 3 weeks and no update on my cases.

My lawyer did not include G-1145, and he has not answered why yet. So clearly disappointed with my lawyer.

Comment

Rejection notice.

To update all, I received a reject notice for my AOS filings (485, 765, and 131) citing that the:

1. Application Final Dates AND
                            2. Dates for Filing application

BOTH need to be CURRENT to file for AOS.

This is absurd and totally new. Looks like this is the first of the new evil in this battle of US immigration.

Has anyone else also received similar AOS filing rejections?

Originally posted by dan2018 View Post
                            In a same boat here.

1. lawyer sent AOS package with checks on May 24th via UPS.
                            2. USCIS Dallas lockbox received it on May 25th. No update after that.
                            3. Called up USCIS call center on 6/15 and the case is not in the system yet.
                            4. Sent email to Lockbox Support on 6/18, no update yet. They have a 15 day SLA to respond.

So its more than 3 weeks and no update on my cases.

My lawyer did not include G-1145, and he has not answered why yet. So clearly disappointed with my lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by dan2018 View Post
                              To update all, I received a reject notice for my AOS filings (485, 765, and 131) citing that the:

1. Application Final Dates AND
                              2. Dates for Filing application

BOTH need to be CURRENT to file for AOS.

This is absurd and totally new. Looks like this is the first of the new evil in this battle of US immigration.

Has anyone else also received similar AOS filing rejections?
                              ----> DO NOT TRUST ALL LAWYER. Do whatever you can do by yourself FIRST. Just follow this sample to resend again, remember to sign i-864, i-130.
                              My exp is: even the tracking showed "Arrived at lockbox, or post-office, or ready for pickup" and showing that forever. PLEASE don't worry about that and make a Request to Lock Box right of the way. My package was delivered after 3 days i sent them, lock box got it, charged the check, but the USPS system still show nothing. Then i made a Request to Lock Box, after 7 days, they gave me the Case Number (4 case number for i130, i485, i765, and i131 also).
                              - Prepare your all documents by yourself:

"General Cover Letter (US citizen sponsor for Int. Students sample)

United States Department of Homeland Security
                              U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
                              P.O. Box 805887
                              Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Petitioner: ABC
                              Beneficiary: XYZ
                              Dear Sir/ Madam:

Please kindly find enclosed concurrent filing of forms: I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative), I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status), I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization), I-864 (Affidavit of Support), I-131 (Application for Travel Document). I am filing the enclosed forms on behalf of XYZ, the beneficiary. I, ABC, am a U.S. citizen, and XYZ is my spouse.

The following documents accompany and support this petition:

1. Form G-1145 e-Notification
                              I-130 Petition For Alien Relative
                              o A check for the amount of $535.00 to cover the filing fee
                              o Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative
                              o Form I-130A, Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary, for the beneficiary
                              o Two (2) photos of the Petitioner and two (2) photos of the Beneficiary
                              o Copy of Petitioner?s Birth Certificate (Translate and Notary)
                              o Copy of Petitioner?s US Passport (First 4 pages)
                              o Copy of Petitioner?s Social Security Card
                              o Copy of Petitioner?s Driver License
                              o Copy of Marriage Certificate of Petitioner and Beneficiary (Must Have)
                              o Copy of Final Decree of Divorce (If have it, both or individual)
                              o Copy of Beneficiary?s Birth Certificate (Translate and Notary)
                              o Copy of Beneficiary?s Social Security Card (if have it)
                              o Copy of Beneficiary?s Driver License
                              o Copy of I-94 Form (even expired)
                              o Evidence of bona fide marriage
                              - Copy of Chase and Wells Fargo bank statements showing joint bank accounts information (Join Banking)
                              - Copy of rent agreement (If have it)
                              - Copy of car insurance (If have it)
                              - Copy of new house contract (If have it)
                              - Pictures of bona fide marriage (Must Have)

2. Form G-1145 e-Notification
                              I-485 Application To Register Permanent Residence Or Adjust Status
                              o A check for the amount of $1,225.00 to cover the filing fee and Biometrics Fee
                              o Copy of Petitioner?s Birth Certificate (Translate and Notary)
                              o Copy of Beneficiary?s Passport (All pages)
                              o Two (2) passport photos of beneficiary
                              o Copy of Beneficiary?s I-20, School ID, and receipts of tuition (If have it)
                              o Copy of Beneficiary?s Social Security Card (If have it)
                              o Copy of Beneficiary?s Employment Authorization Card (If have it)
                              o Copy of I-94 Form (even expired)
                              o Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Completed by a Civil Surgeon sealed in an envelope) (Have To, go to Google and search ?USCIS Doctor List, then key-in your zipcode)

3. Form G-1145 e-Notification
                              I-765 Application For Employment Document
                              o Copy of Beneficiary?s I-20
                              o Copy of Beneficiary?s Social Security Card (If have it)
                              o Copy of Beneficiary?s Employment Authorization Card (If have it)

4. Form G-1145 e-Notification
                              I-864 Affidavit of Support
                              o Copy of Tax Return for 2015, 2016, 2017 (All pages, W2, Schedule C?etc)
                              o Employers? letters and pay stubs of Petitioner (2 paychecks)

5. Form G-1145 e-Notification
                              I-131 Application for Travel Document

Thank you for your prompt consideration.

Sincerely, Sincerely,

ABC XYZ
                              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Good luck to all !!!

Comment

confirmation of receipt of application for green card

Originally posted by newyork11 View Post
                                Did you hear anything from them?

23 days for me and apparently it was not scanned. It only shows the date when I took the package to USPS but nothing more after that. I'm so sad about this. WHAT CAN I DO?
                                Hi newyork11

Did you hear anything back?
                                We mailed our application for my parents to chicago mailbox on july 19 2018 - and havent herad back yet - the checks havent been cashed too.
                                Moreover, we had submiteed form G- 1145 for enotification too. Now beginning to get worried.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X