Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Income taxes question! Dont have them yet

Hi
    I have a question about my green card and adjustment of status application.
    We got married in feb this year. we have been waiting for my husband's taxes for 2015 but the person preparing them has not yet responded (so now he will have to pay penalties also)
    the income meets the minim requirements. but i do not have the tax return yet.
    My question is can we still send the forms? and if yes what should we say about the tax return?
    i do have another US citizen friend that want's to send the support for me . she has the tax return. should i send her documents along with my husband's even though he meets the minim required? and tax the tax return at the interview?

Thank you

Originally posted by AmeDream View Post
    Hi
    I have a question about my green card and adjustment of status application.
    We got married in feb this year. we have been waiting for my husband's taxes for 2015 but the person preparing them has not yet responded (so now he will have to pay penalties also)
    the income meets the minim requirements. but i do not have the tax return yet.
    My question is can we still send the forms? and if yes what should we say about the tax return?
    i do have another US citizen friend that want's to send the support for me . she has the tax return. should i send her documents along with my husband's even though he meets the minim required? and tax the tax return at the interview?

Thank you
    Unless you have filed the tax return (proof of posting at the very least) then I doubt very much you can use this paperwork for your I-864. Firstly get hold of the accountant who has your partners papers and make him pay the penalties if it is his/her fault!

Secondly depending on the urgency you can with wait for the latest set of taxes to be filed or you go down the route of a co sponsor if you think it will expedite proceedings. I take it your husband is the petitioner, in which case he will have to submit an I-864 regardless of the fact he doesn't make the required income as of 2014 tax returns (hence why you have the co sponsor to hand?)

Maybe a letter explaining why he hasn't submitted a 2015 return yet won't hurt given the tax deadline has passed and USCIS would expect under normal circumstances that this would be available by now. You could get an RFE if they want to see that return anyway but that is conjecture on my part.

Hope you can fix it soon and embark on the GC journey!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X