Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustment of Status query

Hi,

I am hoping for some advice. I am living in Europe and recently got engaged. My fiance is a U.S. Citizen. I have always visited the U.S. under the VWP on an ESTA Visa. After we got engaged I returned home to work. Before returning we sought legal advice on the process of me moving to live in the U.S. and work. I do not have a BA so cannot obtain work sponsored visa. The immigration lawyer advised that when I return next we can obtain a marriage licence and marry in the court house and then apply for an 'Adjustment of Status'. I have read many posts since and I am weary of this process. A lot of posts are saying to apply for a fiance visa first. He said it will be fine to just come in and marry on the ESTA giving the impression we did not intend to marry. He advised that any other process would be a lengthy process.

I would appreciate any input or direction, I would like to be with my fiance soon and this seemed, on his advice, the simplest way. But I am doubting that now.

Originally posted by Dee21 View Post
    Hi,

I am hoping for some advice. I am living in Europe and recently got engaged. My fiance is a U.S. Citizen. I have always visited the U.S. under the VWP on an ESTA Visa. After we got engaged I returned home to work. Before returning we sought legal advice on the process of me moving to live in the U.S. and work. I do not have a BA so cannot obtain work sponsored visa. The immigration lawyer advised that when I return next we can obtain a marriage licence and marry in the court house and then apply for an 'Adjustment of Status'. I have read many posts since and I am weary of this process. A lot of posts are saying to apply for a fiance visa first. He said it will be fine to just come in and marry on the ESTA giving the impression we did not intend to marry. He advised that any other process would be a lengthy process.

I would appreciate any input or direction, I would like to be with my fiance soon and this seemed, on his advice, the simplest way. But I am doubting that now.

Reply:;;: i would advice he applies for a Fiance visa for you it is prety fast for united states Citizens but as soon as you get to the USA you will need to get married within 90 days that way you save yourself from the drama of adjusting status good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Dee21 View Post
      Hi,

yes it is true marrying a us citizen is the fastest way to obtain a green card, apply for finance visa asap! the process is annoying, but u will get through it!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X