Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864 : Federal Income Tax return question

Hello everyone,

I am a US Citizen (I was born on USA) but I lived almost all my life in Uruguay.
    I moved to the states 2 months ago for work, and I am filing the AOS (I-485) for my wife.

I was filling the Affidavit of Support (I-864) but I am not sure what to do with the Federal Income Tax part of the form.

I don't have the Federal income tax return for the most recent tax year because I was not living here until 2 months ago.

I can attach my Employer's verification letter, and also my latest payslips showing that my income is well above the required, but I wanted to know how should I proceed?

Should I attach this information + a letter explaining why I am not able to attach my tax return? Or what should I do?

Thanks!
    Rodrigo

Rodrigo

You need to include all you describe below, and more. You lack a "track record" of proof that you can satisfy the requirements for a long-term sponsor. In addition to your sponsorship documents, as the primary sponsor, you also need a qualified co-sponsor.

--Ray B

Originally posted by cholfa View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am a US Citizen (I was born on USA) but I lived almost all my life in Uruguay.
    I moved to the states 2 months ago for work, and I am filing the AOS (I-485) for my wife.

I was filling the Affidavit of Support (I-864) but I am not sure what to do with the Federal Income Tax part of the form.

I don't have the Federal income tax return for the most recent tax year because I was not living here until 2 months ago.

I can attach my Employer's verification letter, and also my latest payslips showing that my income is well above the required, but I wanted to know how should I proceed?

Should I attach this information + a letter explaining why I am not able to attach my tax return? Or what should I do?

Thanks!
    Rodrigo

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X