X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS from F1; RFE; Immigrant's income

Dear sirs,

Need an advice.
    I am studying at the School in the US since Feb2016; have a valid i20; maintaining student status since I arrived to the US.
    Got married to the US citizen in April; applied for AOS in May.

Just recieved a letter with RFE, stating: "for the intending immigrant's income to be included in the household income, the intending immigrant''s income must have been from a lawful source and earned while intending immigrant was authorized to work in the US".

Me and my husband made a mistake: included my bank account details into household income.

I have never worked in the US; all the money on my account is from my parents abroad.

How to correct this mistake? SHould we fill a new form i-864 and send in with this letter? Should I ask my parent to write a letter stating that they're sponsoring me while I am studiyng? Or it is possible to explain all the situation by myself by letter?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Karaga View Post
    Dear sirs,

Need an advice.
    I am studying at the School in the US since Feb2016; have a valid i20; maintaining student status since I arrived to the US.
    Got married to the US citizen in April; applied for AOS in May.

Just recieved a letter with RFE, stating: "for the intending immigrant's income to be included in the household income, the intending immigrant''s income must have been from a lawful source and earned while intending immigrant was authorized to work in the US".

Me and my husband made a mistake: included my bank account details into household income.

I have never worked in the US; all the money on my account is from my parents abroad.

How to correct this mistake? SHould we file a new form i-864 and send in with this letter? Should I ask my parents to write a letter stating that they're sponsoring me while I am studiyng? Or it is possible to explain all the situation by myself by letter?

Thanks!
    UPD: I listed my checking account details, although is was optional in our situation: I864; Part 7; Part 2; Item 6 - Balance of the sponsored immigrant's savings and checking accounts. And we counted my account balance as a part of the total household income.
    I didn't mean that is was my income; I've never worked in the US.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X